1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Do you still get that message after changing the battery ?

Try disconnecting negative terminal of the battery for more than half an hour. Then reconnect and start.
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    13th Day - The problem has not been identified yet. Now,they are replacing the total harness to check all possible loose connections or any other problem.
  3. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    ABS motors are good for nothing... they just try HIT AND TRIAL method to check any issue....heard from many fellow guys u serviced their car at ABS..
  4. careforgurgaon

careforgurgaon

Thanks Mr VahanPujari....I have started facing this problem more once I got my battery changed. Will try the suggested solution as I read the same in other blogs as well but just wondering the correlation of this issue with the displayed message. I hope no issue with Engine oil.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Oh Absolutely...ABS Motors is totally crap and their only intention is to make money. I realize that any of my car issue was ever resolved by them...even minor issue like fixing the car horn which any roadside shop would fix. CRM manages in ABS perhaps only know sugar coated languages and hardly have any background. I wish Fiat India is listening. I have registered 6 complaints against them but no result. Their supervisors are not educated too. I need to try another service center in Gurgaon as there are only two. You feel bad to pay for the problems which are never resolved.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    When your speed is below around 15kmph, and do not apply clutch to to prevent engine stalling, you will get this message, especially if you are in higher gear...
    1 person likes this.
  6. I think anti-stall program kicks in for MJD
  7. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Engine difference between 75 hp versus 90 HP

Hi All,

I have always been wondering- is there a difference in the engine of a 75 hp versus a 90 hp. I have always consoled my self with insufficient knowledge - I know that the engine is same, it is just the turbo that boost. AM sure there is more to it.

The reason why this question is bafling me is because I took a test drive of a Maruti Ertiga and I felt that the car has more power than swift. I know that ertiga is 90 hp, but if its using the same engine as swift, then how is it done? Does it hold true for Punto 75hp versus 90hp as well? Can it be done using the tuning chip alone?

Would request the fellow TFI members to pls throw some more light on it.

To mods: I am not sure where to place this topic right now. If the area is incorrect, then pls place it in the right place.

CHeers!!
    Abhi
  8. I have seen the opened engine of Linea and Punto 76 BHP, visually it did not had any difference in Cylinder or piston.I am not sure about the clutch plates.

Turbo is the different that's the major one.There is bit of difference in the ECU.

Most other mechanical parts should be similar.as I have seen a 76 BHP punto tuned to 105 BHP and 90 BHP also maxed out at 105 BHP.or Tuner did not want to go beyond 105 BHP mark.
  9. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    The difference is FGT and VGT. VGT you have one more wrapper kind of thing for the existing turbo(which 75 having), that will keep the more pressure results in more pickup..
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The only thing i am sure is same is the bottom end of the engine. That is the block, crank and pistons.

For the cylinder head, we'll have to consult the parts book to check.

Secondly, the difference in the performance of the engines of Maruti and FIAT is down to the fact that Maruti gave the engine a completely peaky tune in the Swift. FIAT chose to broaden the powerband so as to make it easier to drive in everyday situation.

I have driven the old Swift diesel for ~1000km's and yes it picks up speed rapidly on a open stretch but when in the city, it was a complete donkey. No power under 2300-2400rpm's. The Punto, i've only driven the 75hp extensively, is far far easier to live with on an everyday basis. The Linea Multijet is a complete beast altogether. Power everywhere. Not peaky at all. Thanks to the VGT.

Cheers.
    2 people like this.