1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I doubt if anybody will advise you to go against the manual in this case
  2. r2d2

r2d2

As a rule, I always use normal diesel. A Toyota engineer had once told me to ALWAYS USE normal diesel for Toyota diesels. Well, I stick to the same rule with FIAT also.
  3. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    While delivery of my Punto, SE told me to use only normal diesel and I am doing so till now.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Always use only normal diesel. Check your manual
  5. Nimish antony

Nimish antony Regolare

Kochi
    normal diesel at any cost for the MJD. Its not advisable to go against the manufacturer
  6. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    NO as per manual
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The FIAT Owner's Manual EXPLICITLY states NOT to use any fancy diesel. Just normal diesel.

Another reason why reading the owner's manual thoroughly is a must for every car purchase. Infact the owner should be given the Owner Manual before the delivery. In the excited state of mind pre-delivery, i'm sure he/she'll read the entire manual in one go. :)

Cheers.
    10 people like this.
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Very true. Every car manufactures should make it available at their website. I feel even service and repair manual should also be available to every one. I think they are afraid that once people know about their issue their revenue will reduce.
    1 person likes this.
  9. The mechanic at TASS in Coimbatore repeatedly told me on many occasions not to use Speed/Extramile diesels. He told me that there were many cases of major engine failures in Coimbatore tafe and the cause has been narrowed down to the use of Speed diesel.

Few Palio's, Linea's and Manza's are there for engine overhaul. He says that the 90hp engine gets affected very easily to this. Recently, a 2008 model Palio MJD run 45000kms was found to be a victim.

So as per his advise, please stop using speed diesels and stick to ordinary dieseland also spread the word to your friends.
  10. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Normal Diesel all the way :up

Even if you get 1 or 2 Km mileage more with your ExtraMile or whatever fancy name you give it to that diesel.... It works out to be equal or more expensive to use that fancy diesel (Considering premium of Rs.6 you pay over your normal diesel)... Moreover you have risk of Engine failure...

So... Simply switch to Normal Diesel and dont bother about 1 or 2 Km mileage difference because anyways its still working out cheaper for you + Peace of Mind....

Neel.
    1 person likes this.