1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Ice on road message is displayed when ambient temperature drops below 3 degress.
  2. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  3. kvmoorthy

kvmoorthy

Bangalore
    Hi All,
    Its been a useful thread have come realize the idling of the engine after starting the engine and stopping the engine. In short i would also agree with idling the engine after start and before stopping. I cannot say If i follow this religiously... but I always keep an ear towards the sound of the engine... after a strained ride the noise levels is high, I leave the engine idling till the sound settles(2-3 minutes). The same appears for the start, I need the engine to get the rythm before we apply the acc. The later part is the one I miss doing.. :( Have to start practicing.

Please forgive in case I have said/assumed wrongly.let me correct them. Thanks.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2012
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    raise the window glass and play some nice music and enjoy ride,its commom in all diesel engines :)
  5. I am also one among the lot who dont idle the car after starting . What i does is I never go beyond 2000 rpm in my 90 hp multijet till i see that the engine temp is at mid level . This is my way to ensure that I dont put more pressure on engine before it has reached the mid-temp . :)

Ajit
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3

I normally idle around a min in cold start and around a min before shutting down the engine. what about u if u drive constantly start and stop.Like if u drive 3 kms and needs to shut down and start and drive again after 5-10 mins and may be 2-3 times more.In this case what should be the idling time on every start and stop.Of course this type of driving in city only.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Car still @ SC as part not available :punch:thumbs down
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If the car is parked in congested area without proper air circulation, better to take it away to a open space and idle or drive with lower rpm till it reaches the optimum temperature. Otherwise we will end up breathing the exhaust gases which is also not good.
  9. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Today the SC replaced the AC control unit and found there was no improvement. Now Fiat guys most probably their flying doctor has got involved. Hope i get my car back fast, else i have to drive my wife's Alto K10 :mad:

Kiran
  10. fgp90hp

fgp90hp Timido

Mumbai
    Is it Good to use the EXTRAMILE Diesel always for 1.3MJD 90HP

Hello All,

I have been using EXTRA MILE Diesel (Indian Oil) from the first day of my FGP90HP & I was happy with the performance of the car (Till 7500KM)

Lately from last 2500-3000 Kms I have started using the Normal Diesel which is Rs.6 cheaper.

I have never had a FE issues but what I feel is I am getting Less FE with Normal Diesel.

Difference is not much (1-2) but still I feel.

I have clocked the 11000KM till date.

Now I am confused whether to continue with Normal Diesel or go back to EXTRA MILE (I have read the manual which says not to use the premium diesel)

Please let me know your thoughts & experiences

Thanks
    FGP90HP