1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai
    Engine bonnet is not opening when i pull the concerned lever

Hi All,

Today, when i tried to open my eninge bonnet by pulling the Bonnet release lever, it didnt pop up the the same.

Could you let me know whether its major issue?

My service is in next month, can i wait till that time ot take it to SC to get it resolved ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Tell the bonnet that your going to take him to TASS. It will open by itself:D

Shekhar, I think there is nothing to worry. Take it to TASS it will get fixed in a minute. Not at all a major issue.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Nothing to worry, the connecting wire is a mechanical one might have come loose, it will be fixed when you take it to TASS in a minute like sungao2010 said.
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    That bonnet release is one flimsy piece of material..
    The release lever is simply glued on to the holder.. The entire lever itself has come out so many times for me. I've had to thrust it in and open the bonnet..
    hmmm...

Anyway nothing to worry its not a big deal.
    1 person likes this.
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It happened with my car ......TASS replaced the wire connecting to the lever...dont worry...its under warranty.....
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    It happens quite often with our Linea as well.

I've found the following works- Push the bonnet slightly downwards ( right where the release mechanism is located), and then pull the bonnet release. It opens up everytime when i do this. :)

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Possible ice on the road

When everyone in the coastal areas are complaining about less rains this year, My punto say there is ICE on the road :).

While returning from Pune yesterday, suddenly the AC stopped working. There was an error showing 'POSSIBLE ICE ON THE ROAD' and the external temperature was showing @ -38 degc. Called Fortune and have left the car there. I sincerely feel the ACC s/w is not meant for Indian conditions and they should give us a normal HVAC in the car.

Kiran

2012-07-11-670.jpg
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Will this affect the engine? What I worry is that if it is a sensor problem will the ECU take this data and calculate accordingly for fuel mixture.
    My be my ignorance prompting to ask this question:)
  9. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    The Outside air temp sensor might have gone bad, Engine ECU doesn't count that so it won't be affected.
    You could use Auto AC as a normal HVAC if you wish by choosing LO as temp and speed as desired.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Front Windhield

Next day... i took here to my office which is 24kms from my residence. I drove with my normal speed with ICE and AC off for quite some time.. to check for noise and vibration... did not find any... i was happy... I went and and parked my car.. went to the front and took a look... I found out that the technicians in Windshield experts have not fixed the plastic properly.. It was my fault as well since i didn't check this when i took the car from them the previous day...I called them again..and they asked me to get the car again so that it can be fixed properly... took my car to them in the afternoon... this time i decided to be extra cautious... i asked them to remove the wiper and the plastic part that covers the glass below the wiper... Once removed, i checked them thoroughly. I asked them to vacuum the crevices (dashboard) again...some broken glass pieces which were lying inside were removed... and the plastic cover and wiper were fastened properly... Took my car for a ride again.. After this i was satisfied. Thanked the technician and left for my work