1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    from your messages it cant be seen from far,dont worry leave as it is !
    if you want to get back the charm,then get done with paint job from TASS only.
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    @Prakash, just use some polish/rubbing compound on the affected area, which should get the colour back to normal. When I purchased my car last year, I took it to a nearby temple to get the puja done. The priest used sindoor on the bonnet area while performing the puja. Later I found out that the sindoor got completely dried up and even after washing with car shampoo, a pinkish residue was left behind that was very rigid. Then someone advised me to use undiluted car shampoo to see if it helps and it actually worked out great.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    You can go to a polish shop and ask them to polish that rea. It will go. If you are planning to go for 3M care for your car, they will do it.
    When I did the pooja, the priest kept the key in a plate with sandal paste and wet flowers. My hear started hitting tuk tuk and my entire concentration was on those keys whether the holy water is falling on it. Also I asked them not to put any kum kum on metal surface. Flowers should be hanged only from the grill otherwise the petal will go inside the water passing hole and block it. There is a saying in Malayalam than pathi dhaivam pathi means 50% things god will care and remaining 50% we need to care. True for our punto. :)
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  4. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    varin,
    the drag should be when you release the clutch and not accelerator, i have felt sometime this issue but not regularly.
    i have learn my 4 wheeler driving on TATA Safari, where this issue was found 'left drag while changing gear'.
    definitley there might be some reasons for this,lets wait for experts reply :D
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Actually its when I release accelerator to change gear the drag is felt as if something is trying to stop the car although the car doesn't stop but the speed comes down.This is only there when am driving with AC on and more in 1st and 2nd gear, the car rolls perfectly when the AC is switched off.I dont know if this is a clutch issue or something else.
  6. Prakash, just try washing it with car shampoo, and then it's better to leave it as such, if it cant be seen from a distance, as Ganges says. Touch up jobs may further screw it up, in my opinion. Try washing it with shampoo.
  7. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Polish should remove the upper color which has been affected the underlying layer and the surrounding area of the paint will cover up the affected area while polishing, just bring it to the notice of the guys who do it and ask them to do it delicately they should know how to deal with it, do not go for a paint job as they wilol have to paint the entire bonnet and the boot lid for the spots.
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    While the dmage to paint is unfortunate, it appears that the "supposed to be sacred prasada" is a very strong chemical. I would think twice before it I smear it on my forehead, though it has a profound meaning attached to it.
  9. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    Sorry to hear that man! But in my case, I do not allow the priest to even touch my car with any of this stuff. I almost fought with one some years ago when he tried to do this to my new Punto. Out came a big thick bunch of face tissues which were first placed on the bonnet and he applied his stuff on that. No hanky panky with my car!! ;)
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    these are the products u should use when you come across a stubborn spot or even a scratch. very stubborn spot use finesse it (caution-very harsh on paint). 1step finish compound and the bottle wax are both used for swirl marks and minor scratches (1step is a bit more harsh than the bottle). all these 3m products are great. but should only be used when the vehicle is a bit old as they contain some abrasive which takes off a light layer of paint and the original gloss is attained. for normal wax i use the regular turtle wax and formula1 or amvay silicone glaze. IMG181.jpg

IMG176.jpg

IMG178.jpg