1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

nice thread... a lot of advice and suggestions to clean the windshield..

i think the thread should be renamed.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  2. raavs

raavs Timido

Visakhapatnam
    guys...

my punto in 3 months old and i clocked around 3800 km most of which in cuty driving conditions which involves quite a bit of gear changes...i m getting 13.5kmpl (its the MID reading) with 30kmph average speed (also mid reading)....is it ok...cos i feel its pretty low as compared to the swifts, the i20s etc.,

please enlighten me on this guys...
  3. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I also get 13-14 in city.....but in highway i get 18-20 if i derive in the range of 70-110.....above 110 i get 18

in city when there is less or moving traffic i have managed to get 21-22 kmpl at constant speeds of 60-70
  4. with my 1.3 emotion, in city with lot of traffic i touch mostly around 13 kmpl. on highways with traffic i get around 19-19.5. on open highways i easily touch 23-24. have once touched 25.4 on a 107 km drive in early morning, without many vehicles on road.

the idea that active could give more mileage due to lesser weight n smaller tyre width could be more in theory than in practice. or maybe, a max of 0.25-0.5 kmpl difference. i dunno, hope active n dynamic ppl come up with their FEs.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:09 PM ----------

my post isnt offtopic, i've just completed 5000 km, and done the first service just now..
  5. samsongomezm

samsongomezm

Less mileage of 13.1kmpl after 100kms drive

Hi Guys I am new to Fiat family. Let me Introduce me first I am Samson Gomez from Bangalore Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic is my first diesel car I got delivered on 30th June 12 and I am really happy and pretty much impressed with the design and comfort of this car. I had driven my brother's Wagon R Duo for last 2 years I have some experience in driving a car. After clocking 100 kms I see in trip meter the fuel consumption is 13.1/litre without AC. Before buying the car I had enquired the same with the fiat owners and lot of them updated me MJD engine will give a mileage of 16 to 18 kmpl in city if my driving style is good. Now let me explain the driving style I usually start the vehicle in first gear and within 3 to 5 seconds I will switch to 2nd gear and from then I would increase the accelerator and move to 15(3rd gear),20(4th gear) and 30(5th gear). I have read the higher the gear less the fuel consumption. Is this driving method correct...?Guys please correct me if I am wrong.

Please suggest me what are the methods to get good mileage as I can adapt the same. :steering</SPAN>
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Samson, mileage depends on so many things. What is your avg speed?

Also, 100 KM is too less to judge mileage. Let it cross at-least 1000 KMs and do check it with tank-full method.
  7. How On Mjd?

How i can check mileage on my 2011 decmbr model punto emotion?
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    MID will show the average consumption. You can also do full tank to full tank.
    Welcome to TFI and why not give us your ownership experiences.From your avatar it looks like you are having a red punto.
  9. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think you are lugging your engine.IMHO 30kmph at 5th gear is not that right.maintain the rpm between1500 and 2000. You will get better FE.
  10. samsongomezm

samsongomezm

Hi Ravi,

Thanks for the reply my average speed is not more than 25kmph at the moment, yes well said by you I will wait till it clocks 1000 Kms to check the actual mileage.

---------- Post added at 01:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:37 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 AM ----------

Hi Vignesh,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes I have to change this driving style I will maintain 1500 to 2000 RPM for better FE/Engine life....
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    1 person likes this.