1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Clash81, this isen't true. Windshilelds neither can break due to heat nor due to massive rain!

What ever you said About heater is 0% true. Our Fiat's heater have timer. Although you switch it on it'll switch off itself after 20mins. So heater cracked windshield makes no sense.

Mhitesh, this might have happened due to wiper. Some one might have pulled & pushed your wiper making a harder impact.

I'll suggest get it done from ''Windshield Experts''. Those people are very professional in their work.
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  2. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I hadn't switched on the heater. I do think this could be due to the Wiper, as there are lot of kids in my building and recently they have scratched the car as well.

Any suggestions from where should I get this done?
  3. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    I faced the same issue, just that the glass that cracked was LHS co-passenger side. Was parked in the portico and morning I see the entire glass is cracked.

I called up Windshield Experts and they suggested to get it done from ASC once I told them its a FIAT:D

It might be because of a stray object hitting the glass, not sure just guessing.
  4. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

i do't think wiper can cause such a big damage in that case,the wiper would have boken as well..
    u said kids.. i reckon
    must be a ball or some thing hard.
  5. Akash

Akash

replacement shcedule of fuel/diesel filter in MJD1.3 punto

Hi Guys,
    Can any one please tell me what is the schedule of changing diesel filter in 1.3 MJD punto? My punto is runing less and it has covered only 5K till second service(12 month). Is changing fuel filter reasonable at this ODO meter reading?

Akash
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whenever you change oil, filter should also be changed.
    As per manual, its 15K or 1 year, which ever comes first.
  7. arunrush

arunrush

Bengaluru
    linea windshield water reservoir

water is flowing out ....i doubt if the reservoir is damaged... nybody faced similar problem?

what might be the cost...

tia
  8. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    check the pipe beneath which is connected to reservoir ... i had a similar problem..every time i pour water and i use wiper... the water is flown out due to loose fitting of pipe ..i used binding wire on the outlet of reservoir... Its solved...
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I too had same problem.The TASS guy cut the pipe from the front and re fixed, problem soved.
  10. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Wind shield not cleaned ever after replacing the wiper set

Hi Tfi'ans,

Is there anyway to clean the wind shield glass as wiper is not wiping properly. I changed the wiper set a month ago and TASS Says they have cleaned the wind shield thoroughly and there seems to be some unknown coating on the glass due to which thin strands of water are left behind each time the wiper goes down:sadblue

has anyone faced this issue earlier? Any possible soln to this prob.. should i get the car checked with Windshield Repair, Auto Glass and Auto Safety Glass Replacement Services Center India..

Due to the torrential rain in kerala, it is getting very tricky to drive at night with rain:(