1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What does it means nothing happens ? but still you are feeling something out of HPS.
    No feedback ?
    Not coming back to its original position after steering the wheel ?
    1 person likes this.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I will try to find the powers steering fluid but I didn't top or do any wheel rotation since I got the car.
    Earlier, I could just turn it half way to take a sharp turn but now I need to turn it fully. It had a very heavy feel to it but now it feels like the steering on Zen estillo.
    And yes, turning steering half way on straight road does nothing. The Car still goes straight.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Is there any abnormal noise from steering gear? If yes then problem is in steering pinion gear. OR check for loose coupling of steering pinion near clutch & brake paddle.
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It looks like what is happening is the steering play has increased abnormally. It looks there is no problem with pump or doesn't look like any trapped bubble. Just take it to TASS.
    I think they will be able to fix it.Have a word with a trusted tire alignment mechanic(if you know personally) who will be able to diagnose the problem than a TASS fellow.
    See the link below which looks like describe your problem
    How to Know If a Rack & Pinion Are Bad | eHow.com
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks Guys, I checked the steering fluid and it is neither leaking nor low/high. It is just right. There are no leakages under the car or in the Engine bay either.
    It works perfectly fine when the engine is off, it suddenly turns feather light once the engine is switched on.

I anyway have an appointment at TASS on Saturday to drop the car off for a suspension check and Clutch Assembly to be replaced. Could the Clutch Assembly have a role to play here?
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Why to replace clutch assembly? Did you face any other problem with the vehicle?
    1 person likes this.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    1 person likes this.
  8. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Relativity , did you fill air than normal or fill air after long long time ?? because i have felt like that as ours is hydraulic you can feel the free flow of turning than normal and little faster on road
  9. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Rear glass cracked

Today morning i observed tht the rear glass of my punto is cracked and the film is holding it in place. I am shocked to see this and have no clue how this happened? Can i be due to heavy rain in mumbai over the last two days?
    What will be the cost to get it replaced?
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I am not sure about this, but did you keep your rear glass heater on for a long time? I seriously don't know if glass can crack because you turn the heater on for an extended period. I am just guessing.