1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    This is what I use. Not in the car's resorvoir though. I make a solution and clean by liberally spraying over the glass and wiping of with a clean MF.

On long trips, I carry a car duster+the solution mentioned above+MF and use combination of these to clean the glass. I never use the wiper to clean glass.

Photo0116.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Water works the best. I added the Sonax 1:100 to the wiper tank and it does an OKish job.
    I feel plain bottled water works best though.

Once or twice a month, I use a foam Glass cleaner by Wurth. It's an aerosol and needs to be sprayed on the entire windshield and it slowly soaks up all stains and debris.

Also, Colin works pretty well for daily use as a spray. I have tried Sonax Glass spray and it's no better than Colin. Costs 400 bucks for a bottle as against Colin that costs 100 odd.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    where can I get emission checked in blr

Inn leaving to kanyakumari in 2 days and wanted to get the emission checked before that ad its due on 19 june. .
    I used to go to JC rd for this but its very far and I don't have time to spare
    Just wanted to know of any place near padmanabha nagar ,jayanagar if any
    Many bunks don't have checks for diesel cars..
    Please advice
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In BTM, Indian Oil CoCo bunk, near Jayadeva flyover, has diesel emission test machine.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    ok thank you
  6. ravi_punto_2010

ravi_punto_2010

FIAT PUNTO Diesel leakage problem

Hi Team,

I am having fiat punto diesel, last week i went to thekkady by car,
    one stone is hitted to diesel tank,diesel is leaking , we put the M-SEAL for temporary, as of now its ok, I went to prerarana showroom bangalore, they told me better to replace fuel tank, how much it will be cost for diesel tank, please suggest me

Thanks
    Ravi
  7. krishnasinh7229

krishnasinh7229 Timido

jam
    An araldite compound would do the job if there a small damage. If the puncture is hugh then u might have to change the tank.once i had used araldite sealent on fuel tank of my cbz n it is holding the leak since last ten years. All u have to do is drain the tank, clean the surface with petrol as to remove oily remains. Let it dry. Adhere some mixture of araldite. Make two to three coats let it dry overnight. Refill tank and move on
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I think TASS should be able to tell you the cost of Tank and I would recommend that you change it.
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I changed my Fuel Tank for Linea MJD a year back, costed around 5k (dont know exact amount) insuarnace paid the cost.
  10. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Issue with Service Reminder in MID

The Service reminder was reset at the last service.
    And as expected it was reset to 15K.
    Now when the next service is around 800kms away according to MID
    The Problem is i havent noticed any pop up regarding service.
    Am i doing anything wrong,or is it supposed to be like that.