1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Urgent Help Required on Punto Warranty

calm down

pay money out of your pocket, learn your lesson and forget the issue.

dont claim insurance for two reasons:
    1. you will lose your NCB
    2. your next year premium will go up

get the car repaired and close this chapter !!
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

Thanks Amogh for advise. Will be in contact with Pandit SC Akurdi. The part is not available in SC, they ordered it for me. :)
  3. Re: Urgent Help Required on Punto Warranty

We are all FIAT enthusiasts if we start being dishonest how can you expect others to be honest ? Please pay from pocket/insurance if it's your mistake. If you think it's not then mail officials higher up in FIAT management.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

@ atulalvenkar I am neither being dishonest with FIAT nor blaming FIAT. I agreed that its my mistake & also I mentioned the same in post #7 in this thread. I was ready to pay from pocket when this happened. I never bothered to pay from my pocket as this was my mistake. I am true FAN of FIAT and I will be there with FIAT for my whole life.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

but here i am not understanding why people are suggesting him to pay from his own pocket? and its his mistake?

whats the mistake? he braked at high speeds? does braking at high speeds break the suspensions? if so lets have in writing from fiat that suspension wont be covered under warranty in event of high speed braking.
  6. Re: Urgent Help Required on Punto Warranty

@Kedar sorry if you felt bad dude !!! Thanks for clearing it. Of course we all are FIAT fans why else would we be here on this forum. really sorry again for doubting your intentions i said it cause I've seen people take advantage of a company happily, but complain when a company screws them.
  7. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi

Honestly i dont think any company would replace physically damaged suspension components for free. since the SA can see that there is a physical damage he can deny the claim. There might be marks of suspension getting hit somewhere. Its better you pay from your own pocket to replace the component since you know what caused it

Cheers
    Kiran
  8. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

The root cause is not braking. The root cause is this:

9. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

:eek:fftopic : SShhhh!! FIAT guys might be watching this thread, now that they know about TFI. ::V
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

hi amol in the first post he mentioned he hit a pot hole still it was perfect. then he slammed his brakes at high speeds and it broke off.
    even if we say that he hit a pot hole still i would say it shouldnt have broken the arm.
    i have hit big pot holes with full load thousands of time in my alto too.

the fatigue failure can be identified by looking at the component. if hitting a pot hole causes this damage then its impossible to drive our cars on indian roads.