1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I feel little power loss(kind of heavyness) during AC switched on but the loss is less after engine gets heated up. I never felt any problem with cooling in Bombay and Pune. No problem on the highway either, infact its no power loss there.I always avoid switching on the AC when engine is cold.

I never felt any power loss problem while driving uphill fully loaded (four adult (including driver))during my recent trip to Mahabaleshwar but with AC being switched off (I never switch on the AC when the car is loaded driving uphill).

recently after changing the air filter i felt better response.
  2. someshvar

someshvar Timido

Bangalore
    Nopes

Hey Sanjeev, there were no issues with regard to airlock. What do you think?

---------- Post added at 05:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

Thanks Gurjinder !

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Thanks for the Suggestion.

3. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hope you got the warning buzzer on when it reaches 7 liters in the car with orange light , when ever we hear with in some 20 - 30 Kms put petrol , 3 Liters is the reserve and cannot be used , don't worry about airlock
  4. someshvar

someshvar Timido

Bangalore
    Oh yes, I did get it.There wasn't any airlock as such. Thanks Vijay.

5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    If the engine check light has gone off automatically it means there is no stored hard error. dont worry about it.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Took it to TASS today and within 2 mins of drive, Tenzing diagnosed it as an issue with the clutch. I have been told that the clutch pedal assembly needs to be replaced. There is some switch under the clutch that controls the fuel injection and that was removed and cleaned and adjusted. It is driving much better now but still the clutch assembly needs to be replaced. It costs approximately 10K but I am told that it is covered under warranty.
    He also took pictures of the 3 pedals as the clutch pedal was much higher than the other 2 and he uploaded it to some TASS record. This has been rectified for the time being. The part has been ordered and is expected in 2-3 weeks.

I don't know if this is common with other brands but within 3 months, TASS has voluntarily disclosed 3 issues with 2012 Fiats so far. One is the clutch assembly (They have already replaced for another car), The Door rattle and the third one is the regulator of power window. The regulator has also been ordered. The door rattle and the other rattles remain un resolved at the moment as I did not want them to fiddle with the car. Will get those properly sorted later using dampeners and stuff.

Mods: If possible, please merge this thread with my ownership thread "My Blue and me - 90 HP at Home".
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-3-mjd-90-hp/5650-my-blue-me-90-hp-home-13.html
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  7. 2012 Emotion Leather Upholstery Care

Hi Folks,

I got leather upholstery as part of the standard equipment, the challenging part with 2012 linea is its beige interiors, Mine is March vehicle and off late i see the seats dull and having dust accumulated at contact points. Could you folks throw light and recommend cleaning material for the beige interiors and hows your results ?

Thanks !
  8. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    i use aarmol leather cleaner..450 bucks in ebay/local shop..
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Mine is 2011 Emotion pack. But, I did the full leather upholstery for my Linea. On cleaning, I was adviced to just use the hair shampoo mixed with ordinary water and clean using a soft cloth. I am doing the same and the result is very good. The reason for using hair shampoo is, it won't have any strong chemicals in it to harm the leathers. Hope, this helps.
  10. arian

arian Amatore

Mumbai
    Had a series of email exchanges. The company are not ready to compensate the upfront payment citing warranty reasons (the axle is not covered). Any other way to approach this issue? (all top guys in fiat have already been mailed about the issue)