1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi,

from what i can make out, the dealer has said it's a battery problem. It's nearly 3 years and we've seen batteries being replaced at this age.

Get the battery checked at a battery shop.

Also, install a perfectly healthy and fully charged battery just to check if the error goes away. Did the dealer do this test? Installing a healthy battery to see if the error goes away?

If it does, install a new battery and enjoy the drive.

Cheers.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    There is no need to panic. Warning lights problems are not usually associated with any mechanical trouble. Most probably it will disappear with a software updation.
    Ask the mechanic to do a OBD scanning for error codes. It may be able to find the problem. TASS is the correct place to fix the problem.
    Which is your dealer(in which place).
  3. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Once when I had started and already running engine,the same message appeared and stayed till the car was stopped after half an hour.
  4. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Yeah even I feel so. But the co-passenger (who ever sits in that seat) has always said AC is too cool. So I am actually thoroughly confused. Second service is due next month, so will get the temp at grill checked for starters and let me take it from there.

Yup, I am the same NitinGirish across forums :)
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

Its perfectly normal. The thing is punto and linea are fitted with dual stage fan. i.e they run at 2 different rpms.

In normal cases when there is not much heat outside and you switch on the AC the fan will keep working in speed 1. If outside its 40 degrees and you switch on your ac then fan keeps working in speed2 at very high rpms till the condition is normalised.

When fan runs in speed2 you feel as if you are sitting in a propellor type aircraft. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I actually have started to like that fan noise now. :lol:

Cars don't need to be as silent as an electric Reva!
    4 people like this.
  7. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    I just love these noise. don't no why I find it amazing. anywhere it goes it sounds like a plane. whoooshhhhhh! and everybody stares at us!

OT Comment.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  8. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

Bangalore
    Finally this issue is resolved today. Rear Right Door lock/sensor had to be replaced under warranty.
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    After reading the posts I think I should mention something here. Sometime I also felt loss of power while climbing uphill in my Linea MJD.
    It happened to me once.
    Sometime last year I traveled to Thirupathi and then to Ooty in a span of six months.
    While climbing Thirumalai hill MJD was like a savage beast and the engine response/torque delivery was awesome, climbed from the Check post
    to the temple premises in 14 minutes flat (normally should take 30-35 minutes). Actually I was somewhat irritated and tired of the traffic,
    waited 40 minutes in the security post (long queue) then drove uphill following a swift VDI overtaking all other cars/jeeps.
    I was all praise for my Linea !! Now comes the Ooty trip same car same driver but this time she was not pulling at all sometime almost stalling at gradients.
    I agree Ooty road is little more steeper but still I was totally disappointed the way MJD behaved, it was looking out of breath.
    Even Indicas were going ahead of me :(. Both the times my car was in top conditioned and with no issues.
    Again in after reaching planes it was fine as usual.
    I really don't know what caused this behavior, may be a clogged filter somewhere or low quality fuel or anything which did not work that day !
  10. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Good to know that the issue got resolved. The biggest fear was keeping the car in the open without the doors getting locked and not getting an immediate appt. I had to get it done via Fiat Customer care who really helped when required.