1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Good that you found the screw
    Next time onwards remember that you don't have to remove the screw from the air filter box lid. If you notice carefully the screw have some area without any thread, utilize this area to open the lid without removing the screw completely from filter lid.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Great tip Vijay.

Thread Closed.
  3. someshvar

someshvar Timido

Bangalore
    Check Engine after I ran out of Fuel

TFIans,

I own a 1.3 MJD Grande Punto which is about 3 months old. I accidentally ran out of fuel today. Just before the fuel ran out, Check Engine error message appeared. After I did top it up with 5 liter of fuel, it kept showing me the Engine light until I reached office. It was on when I started from office as well. But as soon as I filled the tank full while coming back to home, it went off.

I am confused. :eek: Shall I go and see the Fiat service center or is this something usual and need not worry about. :confused: Please advise.

P.S. I did a li'l search on Google and as per the various on the net, it seems usual.

Regards,
    Hardik
  4. Did u face any problem while filling 5litres initially like fuel coming out of the tank inlet due to airlock ???
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    Punto and Linea will prevent an airlock from happening and shut itself off when the fuel level goes below a certain point. It's a smart car. :)

It's mentioned in the Manual somewhere. Cannot recall exactly what it is.

Since the message disappeared, don't give it any thought. Just carry on and enjoy the drive AND never let it run out of fuel again. Keep the 1/4th as the bare minimum. It's a good practice.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Keeping the vehicle at low level is not a good practice. For the health of fuel pumps always keep enough fuel. Full tank to 1/2 level will be ideal since all metal surfaces of fuel tank will be exposed to fuel.Also a good way to calculate real time FE.Also in case of emergency it will be helpful without bothering whether petrol is there or not

The down side is that in case of theft he can take the vehicle without filling till he reaches the safe position. A filling in between will help the police to trace the car. But with our cars such possibilities are rare.:D
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Stealing these beauties are not so simple ..
    If the electronic key print does not match the codes the car wont start
  8. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    Its the sound coming from running fan and it is normal. Just that its a bit too loud like a flour mill and embarassing:uh.

I have a different issue. I am not very happy with the cooling capacity of the AC. Inside cities its ok but on long highway drives I find it insufficient.

Infact, few months back on our trip to Tirupati, AC completely failed. AC relay/switch or some such thing was changed. Though I never faced AC failure again on long drives cooling reduces gradually:sadblue
    1 person likes this.
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    It shouldn't be like that. I just did a short trip to Himachal yesterday in searing heat and the AC was fine throughout. The Punto's AC is no way inferior to Linea's.

You can try getting the entire AC sytem checked at TASS to see if anything is amiss.

P.S. Are you the same Nitin Girish who rebuilt an RX135 recently?
  10. sridhar dandamudi

sridhar dandamudi Timido

Complaint

Being Fiat products user since 1988 with premier padmini for 14Y ,Palio 1.2 elx till 2009 , bought linea emotion diesel in sep,2009. Since last five days my linea is having some electrical problem indicating warning light occasionally by displaying picture of lock and key while running of the car and twice immediately after starting of the car along with dedicated message on board showing as EBD failure. Contacted local dealer,after verification of voltage check,concluded as battery problem and as such there is no relay problem on my query was the answer by the dealer. The odo reads only 39000 kms and from date of purchase the car is app.2Y 9M OLD. THERE being NO white scaling on BATT.terminals and the battery is mostly under my maintainence.
    Could there be any problem for it to occur anybody could advice me to rectify the problem.

sridhar dandamudi
    dsd_sai at yahoo dot co dot in
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012