1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    Once my wife did the same in my Santro and she may have driven 6-8 Kms only within the city. This was one off occassion because during those days I was regularly using the car. Within fifteen days my clutch was completely gone and this was the reason given by the dealer.
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Once my grandfather told me that he used to forget to disengage the hand brake of his Maruti 800. So he placed a sticker on the steering wheel reading "Caution! Mind Hand Brake". Simple and effective.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Driving 500 meters with the hand brake pulled up will not cause any damage to any car.

All of us know it's not a good idea to drive with the hand brake engaged.

Thread has served it's purpose and hence is being closed.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Has this issue been solved?

- Check pollen filter.

- If there is a hissing sound when you switch on the air con then the gas is running out. Check & refill A/C gas in that case.

Do update on the solution.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  5. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Hi,

A/C has been working fine these days . I am assuming its due to decrease in temperature . No sun films + very hot weather was affecting a/c cooling it seems. Anyways is their any fixed duration to get a/c serviced ?

I enquired from TASS , the advisor said whole service of a/c will cost you 3500 , isnt Fiat launching any free a/c check up camp which it used to do earlier years ?
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Got my car to Fiat ASS. There was a leakage from "O - rings". Both the O-rings were replaced under warranty & gas recharged. It was free, but from next year onwards they are going to charge for it as the standard warranty expires in Oct. this year.

If any one out there is facing any problem with the ac, its better to get it checked it ASAP when its in the warranty period.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    **Stalling/Knocking**

We managed to disconnect both the terminals on Friday and successfully reset the ECU. However, the car is still driving the same. My friend drove it and said the stalling is normal in diesel engines as the torque builds up. It feels like something is clogged, could be the air filter, oil filter or even the injectors. It did not give any errors on the analyzer at TASS couple of weeks ago. have made an appointment for this Friday at Tafe with our beloved Tenzing. I will let him drive & decide and will stick around to see what is the issue & how is it fixed. I am changing the air filter nevertheless as it's been 3 months since the car delivery & about 3,000 Km. Given the amount of dust here, I won't be surprised if the air filter is completely clogged and choked up.

I can't really find the correct term to describe what is going on but it has stalled twice in second gear if I take my foot off the gas pedal and the car moves in a non-linear sort of a way where the transition from a lower to higer gear or vice versa is not smooth and it suddenly jumps.
  8. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My punto is running now for more than 14K Kms after my second service without any issues(air filter has not been cleaned),the air filter should not be the problem.

Vijay,
    we dont have that sized spanner to unscrew the battery terminals,i have checked two months back and finally used the spanner from my pulsar tool kit :D
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

How the hell knocking is related to ECU resetting anyways?
    ECU will always tend to resist knocking whatever setting it may have.
    You may feel it little brisk but knocking will never improve.
    You still didn't take it back to TASS:confused:?
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    It is going to TASS this Friday but they will just hook it to the analyzer and say "Zero Errors". I need suggestions on what should I ask them to check.