1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks for the tip, I just checked with a friend and he said both -ve & +ve need to be disconnected to erase the ECU memory. Is that correct?
    Also, I looked up ECU on Wikipedia and it seems there are two kinds - Electronic control unit and Engine control unit. Which one are we referring to. I am studying overtime here :)
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Just unplug -ive terminal 5min, this would work. Dont need to unplug +ive terminal and it is not adviced also, as unpluging and pluging of +ive terminal can lead to sparking, which can be harmful for the electricals of the car.

As far ECU is concerned it means both things as its an all in one unit which controls both in our cars. We have another Electronic Control Unit (ECU) for airbags in our cars, which is also linked/synced with the main ECU.
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    This has already been done by FIAT ages ago.

Thread locked.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I thought the car comes with some tools so a spanner would be there in the jack box, but it isn't. Have asked a friend to get it to office tomorrow. I looked around but there isn't any mention on the battery as to which is -ve & which is +ve so I guess it's better to watch & learn tomorrow from a pro.
    Any good online links to buy a basic tool kit?
    Also, is it normal for the MJD to heat up during a 4 KM drive?
  5. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Red is +ive and black is -ive.

Also what do you mean by heating up in 4 km?
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Kiran, that's the scenario when the outside temp. is low. It has happened with me in winters & is the correct expected function. But it should NOT happen at the peak of summers when outside temp. is 45 C +. Then there is no question of feeding hot air to maintain car temp. as even after hours, the inside temp. wouldn't come down to 24-25 C.

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

I have had this car for the last 1.5 years & have observed this problem this year only. Maybe something is really wrong somewhere.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Well, I drove 33 KMs in the morning and then the car is parked at my office for good 8 hours. Then I drive back home, which is just 4 Kms from my office. Last night when I reached home, I opened the bonnet to look around the battery and found the engine was extremely hot. Is that normal?
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I checked in my car and both center vents have same temp and air flow.
    You need to get it checked most probably some mixing flap is malfunctioning.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sir, was the temperature needle pointing at the middle of the gauge?

If yes, kindly ignore any other measures of temperatures.

Thanks.
  10. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I did face a strange issue.. i do't know if i should state it as an issue or not..
    yesterday morning i dint use the ac for some some 30km, but when i turn on the ac.. mist/smoke where coming out of the vents.. no smell and disappeared after some time..

anything to worry..!?!