1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Try Microsoft way, reboot the system ;) . Disconnect -ive Terminal for 5min. Your car ECU will start learning your driving characteristics again.
    This might work for you or else get it checked at TASS
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    As already stated earlier, when the fan speed is reduced, the temperature difference is also reduced. It doesn't matter whether the mode is auto or fully auto. The temperature difference between the vents is same in both the cases.
  3. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    :p:p

I've also experienced the same thing & mentioned earlier couple of times. Linea AC has a capacity to function completely differently on 2 different occassions as mentioned by Vijay !!
    :)
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    @ Teky - Please confirm by tomorrow whether you will be at Tafe or VST and what time. I will plan to meet you accordingly. Text me on my mobile please.

@ Jotinder - I will go thru the manual & Gooogle it as well but you could tell me how to disconnect the -ve terminal. what you said makes sense. I don't know what the ECU does exactly but if it can adapt to my driving style, I should re-program it.
  6. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    You just need to unplug the -ve terminal of the battery for 5 min. Fiat ECU does store your driving style and adapt to it accordingly, so reset should work in theory.
    1 person likes this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Hi teky, even kirubakaran is unavailable this weekend as he is getting married. :)
  8. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Sorry, totally there are 7 screws 3 @ top and 4 @ bottom.
  9. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    ok this is how it works. the temperature inside is increased by mixing the hot air from the radiator that has a tube passing through the vents. when you increase the temp it mixes more hot air. and this hot air mixes more from the left vent (even i have observed). even when the temp is minimum(coldest) you can feel the difference in both the vents.
    i observed this in winters when i used to drive with the fresh air in and no ac no fan. i could easily feel that the left center vent blows hot air than the right one. i complained it to the SC but they said its normal as the heating pipe passes through it. if you have a look under the hood you will find two pipes from the radiator going in, of which one is in and the other is out. water circulates through it and thus the heat.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Thanks for letting me know mate, so it seems like I can't get anything done this weekend.