1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. RRPunto

RRPunto

Great, so whoever has 2010 90 hp models, please check your chain timing
    Will give any updates my side if any
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    @PranavOne - The screw was there before we opened the door panel.
    I gave it to Tass and they fixed wherever it came from or atleast that is what they claim :)
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Is there any way to tune the engine or is it fully computerized? I can tune my Enfield manually to maintain the recommended 1000 RPM at Idle.
    My car has become a different creature, almost perfect for the Himalayan rally. The power delivery is absolutely non-linear and every gear shift gives a massive knock. It's like when you suddenly leave the clutch in the 1st gear and it jumps off. The same behavior is exhibited by all the gears.
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Don't try anything by yourself. You should have accompanied your car during servicing. I stressed that particularly many times but you hardly listen. It's a serious issue. Take your car back to TASS.
    It could be anything from fuel pump/filter related, catalytic converter, injector chock, timing chain etc. etc. Check all the visible pipes are tightened at their collars. Did you notice engine temp. indicator while car was knocking? Any alarms observed in driver display?
    Too much sensitive for individual R&D. MJD is very HI-TECH & advanced engine (piezoelectric crystal & high pressure injector rails). Don't ever try anything that you were used to in your En-field. Though unbelievably endured but very sensitive to basic mistakes like you were planning.
    TAKE IT BACK TO TASS. SOMEONE HAS MESSED UP SOMETHING. Ensure that you accompany your car this time & don't drive it other than moving to service center.
    1 person likes this.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Relativity - I'm coming to TAFE this Saturday, want to TD your car seriously!
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Oh my God,I have booked an appointment with Tafe on Friday,I can not take in anymore of their learning lessons with my car,wish they just return my car back after fixing the A/C drainage pipe with out causing any other collateral damages as they have always done.
    Did they do anything wrong with the fluid level??!!(pour Nano's or Indigo Cs' clutch fluid in your car??,check the bill)
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    @ Teky - That's awesome Teky! I would love to meet you and for you to meet my demons :D
    However, Tenzing is on leave and will only return on Monday. I could just drop by to meet you, call me or text me; I had sent my Mobile number via PM. Are you giving your car for any work?

@ Enki - I can describe the problem more specifically now that I just drove home. If I drive in 4th gear to a speed of 60KMPH and then suddenly take my foot off the gas pedal, it starts knocking immediately. Both the clutch & gas pedal have become over sensitive after this service although they did not do any SERVICE as such. They only did:
    1. AC checkup as per Free Summer Check up Camp
    2. Door Pad Fixed
    3. Standard Check Examiner Check - Front Both Link Rod Tightened
    4. Standard Check Clutch Pedal Assembly
    5. Standard Check RR Bumper Damage
    6. Standard Check Al Trims Fixed
    7. Water Wash & Vaccum

That is the list of things from the bill. I dout they would do anything extra since they haven't fixed half the things on that list itself.
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    we all put so much effort in trying to locate from where it came out!! you didn't even ask them :)
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I did ask them but they couldn't find where it came from. When I went for delivery, they couldn't find the guy who fixed it. Strange and mysterious are te ways TASS operates!
    1 person likes this.
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Yeah, getting fluids changed in my car as it's over two years now. It has been long overdue, if Tensingh isn't around I may as well postpone the appointment. Apart from I don't think anyone is seriously good enough to attend Fiat's. Else I may meet Kripakaran from VST as I heard he is back to Anna Salai branch.