1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Will airbags in Linea deploy if the seat belt is not fas

nobody on the forum will be able to answer that question because as far as i recollect none of the regular members have been in an accident where airbags have been deployed (and i pray to god no one of us sees that day !!)

forget the deployment of airbags : the seatbelt warning alarm will drive you crazy if you dont fasten your seatbelt. and this is irrespective of the variant

if there is a skin issue : there can be a workaround. don't base your decision on the relation between airbag deployment and seatbelt fastening

go for the emotion pack !!
  2. Re: Will airbags in Linea deploy if the seat belt is not fas

@Amogh the seat belt warning system is different in Active/Dynamic variants as there is no buzzer just a light that comes up on instrument cluster blinks for about 10 times and vanishes.
  3. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Will airbags in Linea deploy if the seat belt is not fas

sorry for not being clear !! when i said "irrespective of the variant" i meant of the variants that ajai is considering

emotion and emotion pk have the same warning system i think. a long irritating buzzer
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Urgent Help Required on Punto Warranty

Hi All,

I hit the pathhole very badly on 2nd Dec at that time everything was fine.
    On 3rd Dec while going to FIAT Factory very hard breaking at the speed of 120-130 kmph cause a truck ( which was next to me) changed the lane without any signal.
    Few sharp turns at Factory for photographs & videos.

Above 3 incidents resulted into Suspension Stabilizer End damage of Front Right Tyre. I can see the stabilizer end hanging in between the tyre & car body.
    I visited Pandit Service Center at Akurdi ( Pimpari-Chinchwad ). SA inspected the car & informed me that Stabilizer end of front right suspension is damaged, you need to change the whole suspension. When I asked him about warranty claim he replied that "Sir hum Physically damage part pe warranty nahi dete" & I was :shock: .

Now my question is it true that we wont get warranty claim for damaged part or that SA is lyinng to me. He gave me approximate quotation of Rs 4000 to change the front Suspension.

Please reply guys. :sad1
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Urgent Help Required on Punto Warranty

Difficult, you need to prove that the issue happend because of manufacturing defect.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune

they should change the whole suspension in warranty. braking at high speeds should not cause physical damage to suspension and this is warranty failure.
    what the shit does he mean we dont give warranty for physical damage? what is the other kind of damage then? dont mention to him u hit potholes and braking and stuff... tell him suddenly this happened which is fatigue failure and they have to change the part in warranty as it risked your life.
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Yes, follow the suggestion from Italia-Linea. Try to prove that by normal driving this happened. If your SA knows the truth, go to other service center and try to convince them to replace under warranty.

In worst case, use your insurance.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

I informed SA that, I dont know how this happened. He put the car on Ramp & saw the damage. He said this wont be manufacturing defect as I didnt tell my story. I asked him to repair it under warrenty & refused. Now I will go to the Pandit Auto, Tilak Road, Pune. Lets see what happen?

What do you think guys is that my mistake? Should pay for this if Tilak Rd SC will give me the same reply.
  9. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Kedarbende

I feel it is unfair to mask a known damage and claim warranty. If this is the case , then FIAT will become circumspect and put all claims under the scanner and a whole lot us would be victims.

You very well know it was a pothole hit and subsequent emergency braking and other maneuvers that made things worse.

Rs.4000/- is not much. Remember, that there is always a tomorrow when you ,may need a much bigger help from FIAT and you could be at the receiving end. Fairness will always be the best way forward in life. :wink:

Abdul
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12

To pay Rs 4000 is last option. I am ready to pay for that after all this is my mistake & not from the FIAT Punto. I am just trying to get other options like insurance claim. :-(