1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Sorry for the confusion. I am talking about the center vents [left & right] and not the side vents.

The temp. setting is set to around 24 C, full auto mode.
  2. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Hi resinfo...change the AC mode from full auto to only auto..
    IN full auto the fan speed is determined by computer as per it's need and sense.
    In Auto you can change manually the fan speed..
    try it and let us know.
  3. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    My God. My car is a week old. I removed the floor mat yesterday for cleaning and found the exact screw near my clutch pedal as well :O
    I also found a U shaped metal piece on the passenger seat when I was removing the plastic covers from the seats. I will try to post some pic by evening.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Here is the pic of the U shaped metal I was talking about. Guys, any idea from where it could have come from? I'm also attaching the pic of the screw I had near my clutch pedal just like 'Relativity'

30052012(001).jpg
    30052012.jpg
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    @ENKI

Are you sure...u meant 30000 kms before 100 kmph??

I assume its 3000 :)
  6. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    I found one screw floating around my rear seat a couple of months back. During my servicing I informed the SA about it. He says it could be from the seats and may have come out when the seat covers were being fixed.[But that was done 2 yrs back....;(].
    Ultimately the screw is still a BHATAKTI ATMA.
    -Srijit
  7. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Relativity,
    I know recently you opened your right door panel to solve the rattle issue, I smoke this screw is comming from it, there are 5 screw are there 2 screws are placed near door opener and 3 screws are placed in the bottom, this screw seems to be one of the top screws, bottom screws are having star type head and top screws are alen key type screws. Sometimes the workshop guys missed the original one and repalced it with some other alternate from spare trays. Please do a proper check those screws in your door.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Here is a situation that I have been observing since the very first day of owning my Punto. When the AC is on and the car is driven at lower RPMS in 1-2-3 gears, the noise from the engine bay increases. The sound that is heard is of a fan rotating at very high speed and the overall sound from the engine bay goes up a few notches. I took this matter up with the SA during 2nd service. He opined that this happens when the engine gets heated up and the engine cooling fan (?) switches itself on. Should I buy this argument? Why would the engine heat up under normal driving? Is it because of the extremely high humidity levels during summers in Assam?
  9. RRPunto

RRPunto

90 hp timing chain replacement? - 2010 models

Hi!
    Was going through the team bhp website and stumbled upon this discussion regarding the issues with the timing chain in 90 hp fiat engines. Apparently they are changing them to the latest timing chain and this is not being done until you point the issue out to them. Are any of you aware of this issue. I have a lovely red machine but this news has worried me a bit.

Have given my car for second service at KHT motors Bangalore today. Will check with them today and get back if I get to know something.
  10. Last week I gave my car for 15K service to TAFE. Told Tensingh to have a check on the timing chain. also asked him if there is any recall for that. He said only for Early 2010 Models the timing chain is recalled and replaced.