1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    Unsual behaviour of A/C

Hi,
    On my Punto diesel a/c is not working in the way it used to do earlier . I mean to say sometimes air from vents is very cool , sometimes its not that cool . The cooling used to be very fast earlier , but now even after driving for 1 hour that kind of cooling is not their . Any suggestion guys whats wrong with the a/c..??
  2. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Check if the AC is in inside air mode, or else get your AC and Gas level checked at TASS
  3. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Reason is i am planning to buy Palio Multijet or UNO ( Take up and Restore ).
    I cant bear the TASS for second car i am in hunt for good mechanic in Hyderabad.
    Moreover Denting, painting jobs more costlier in Service Center than outer market.
  4. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    You can try Digmani Motors at Nagarjuna Nagar, Tarnaka.
  5. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Strange AC problem - TJet

The AC in my 1.5 year old Linea TJet has suddenly started to show a strange behaviour - the air from the driver's side vent is cooler than the air from the co-passenger side ! Its most evident when the blower is at full speed. As the blower speed is reduced, the temperature difference between the 2 vents decreases.

Any ideas ?
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I always feel that one of the vents throw up warm air to balance the temperature inside the cabin. This happens in my Punto as well.

How is the AC cooling though?
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Engine knocking after service at TASS

Although TASS only hooked the engine to the analyzer and the RPM at idle shows as 886, it has started knocking on low speeds. earlier, I could slot it in 2nd gear on road less roads in Chennai and it kept moving at 20KMPH on auto pilot. Now it just shuts down.
    Also, there is a huge amount of power suddenly available while up shifting and it knocks like a rally car every time I change the gears from 1-2-3-4-5. What could be going on? TASS has done something to the clutch pedal and it has become extremely smooth and the pick up has improved phenomenally.
  8. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    In 45 C+ its just about bearable for the driver but not for the co-passenger. In the evenings, its ok.
  9. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi rs the logic of chill and less chill is, slower the blower of your AC you will get chill air and faster it will be less chill than the slower one .
    Thats why right and left will be always chiller than the center one in our car

whats the temparature you keep ?
    Last edited: May 29, 2012
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    It should be same temp in front seats.
    In my car all ac vents have same temp but the right and left side vents have very less air flow than center vents.

Try cleaning AC/Wire mesh Filter if it doesn't help take your car to ASS and ask them to check operation of air mixing flaps.

AC in Linea have a mind of its own one day it chills you down and other day leaves you sweating. Yesterday MID was showing 47C and the air from vent was very cool and cabin cooled sufficiently within 5 mins even though car was parked in sun for hours but day before yesterday with MID Showing 46C the cabin wasn't getting cooled even after driving for around half an hour.
    Last edited: May 30, 2012