1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. PKMohan

PKMohan Amatore

Bangalore
    I am also having this issue from the last couple of days, but with "Right Rear Door". It is quite erractic in its behaviour, suddenly popping the message on MID while travelling and goes off after sometime. And depending on the warning light status the door locks goes on and off (I had set the Autoclose ON) and this is quite annoying when you are driving.

The biggest problem is I can't lock the car with the central lock (so can't park in unsecured place) and manual overide is also doesn't seem to be working. Manually when I use the key to lock, only front right door gets locked. I did try disconnecting the battery and locking with the key manually, but that also doesn't seem to be working.

Today I took the car to TASS and looks like they know the issue, but couldn't do anything, as they don't have the required spares (sensors) in stock. Surprisingly central locking worked when the SA tried locking and unlocking continuously. But I said I will wait for the spares and get this changed.
  2. Chewing Gum Removal

Hello,

Some bugger pasted chewing gum on my car's boot and front left door. Not only he pasted it but scattered it as well. Tried it removing with cloth and water, but all in vain. Not it looks ugly.

Any way to remove it without effecting the paint??
  3. Nikhil,
    I read two options in a forum ( sorry not having the link with me ) :

Remove it using a nail polish remover, easy job and the gum will go without a trace. No harm on paint too.

use ice, rub ice cubes over chewinvgum it will become hard, then you can just rub / scrap it out without any marks.

Though never tried by me .

Ajit
  4. ameysane

ameysane

Mumbai
    Beware,
    Nail paint remover is like thinner. It dissolves paint.

Other option is kerosin, which does not dissolve paint that much.
  5. Thanks for the reply guys.

@ameysane - are you sure that it won't harm the paint?
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I removed most of it with ice but luckily I had an appointment with 3M the same day for the paint protection program, so they removed the rest.
    But Ice did help. Wrap it in a microfiber cloth and free the gum and gently peel it off. Do not scrape.
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Ooops.... thats sad to hear Nikhil.... i dont know what sadistic pleasure do these morons get out of it... lifeless gross....

---------- Post added at 01:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

And really helpful info and suggestions given by other TFIans.... Kudos to you all for sharing helpful info.... :)
  8. ameysane

ameysane

Mumbai
    @nikhilsikka

Nail Paint Remover may harm the paint.
    Kerosin will not.

I had tried kerosin on my earlier car (Canary Yellow Palio) it did not harm the paint then.

I had tried nail paint remover on a 'scale model car' & it ruined the paint.
  9. puntojith

puntojith

Hyderabad
    I had a screw problem too...on my first drive in my punto I felt something fall on my knees. Looked to find a screw. I figured it out it was from the lower cup of the steering column. Was a little embarrassing though as my in laws were in the car!
  10. puntojith

puntojith

Hyderabad
    The indicator knob as a lot of people have mentioned is just a matter of getting used to. I switched on the wipers once but that was during the test drive. Never has this been a problem. In fact now I find this good as I can use my free left hand to switch the indicator ON just before I downshift, my right hand firm on the wheel all the while. Otherwise I would have to jumble my hands from the left to the right at every turn::pP.