1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sundar, we should be happy with what Fiat's has offered us. There may be 1/2 minor features (definitely not deal breakers) which you may like in other cars, but what you have got in your car is absolutely not available in most. Figo doesn't even have the rear power windows. Figo's windows are made so big (with glasses) to cut the costs on steel by comprimising on safety. You will better know about all these comparisons when you were in a dilemma of choosing a car.

So just enjoy the drive in your beauty and forget about making comparison with a car below the segment.
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  2. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Here is the screen shot I took from Ford India website

Figo.JPG
  3. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    Yes Ramjn, some + or - wont be a deal breaker. We should rather focus on the uniqueness of Fiat products then it will be clear that Fiat cars are overall a better package.
    1 person likes this.
  4. OT: You don't have to take your hand from steering to access indicator stalk. You can just flip it with your finger while your left hand is still holding the steering.

---------- Post added at 04:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Sundar, by 'Remote Fuel Tank Opener' I think they meant fuel lid opener near driver door. Even Nano has this.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Soundar - Nope he meant the remote boot opener which is electric, But does it have the same function on remote? Sounds good.
  6. I am taking car to Nerul - Fortune motors on this saturday. Shall put up this issue. Lets see what he suggests.

Let me know if your solution works.

Dont know whn this wld get resolved. Its very embarassing when my friends notices this issue and laughs at me.
  7. I am referring to screen shot attached by Sundar.
  8. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Chennai
    I referred the screen shot for the remote boot opener which is on the remote key. No fuel lid opener in the key though
  9. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Screen shot does not refers to boot open from remote key, but only says "Remote Boot Open (Electric)" which means boot can be opened remotely (in this case from driver seat) by push of a button, not via mechanical linkage (or cable) as in case of punto.
    To get some basics rights, remote operation doesnt necessarily mean operation from remote key, it only means any operation performed person not being at the equipment. This can be perfomed with a wireless device or a wired/mechanical linkage.
    In Figo boot is opened throgh wired connection electrically and in Punto through mechanical cable connection. Both fuel lid and boot can be opened remotely in Punto.
    Last edited: May 17, 2012
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    figo has boot open button on its remote-key