1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Amit - I don't know what your setting are on the B&M but during the time I had B&M it never had these issues. So request to check the settings on the MyCar menu - there should be something to change this.
  2. sashank82

High acceleration during starts

It has been 30 K Kms without a hitch on my 1.4 GP....

Post my 30 K service recently, my milage has dropped drastically - did not expect the high RPM at start could impact this much so was reluctant, hoping that it would stabilize shortly.

But, now the RPM starts, goes to 2000 and then stabilizes at 1000. While driving though it is seemingly normal (at 800 without throtle input while moving ahead from standstill). There have been instances when the accelaration feels a little rough and the result is about 8.5 to 9 KMPL, a stark contrast to 10.7 to 11 KMPL earlier.

Additionally, the low fuel warning lights up even when the needle is above the red-line - probably the average consumption is high...

I intend to lower the idling to 600 RPM - that should help a little and maybe clean the throtle body.....?

1) Has anyone faced a similar problem?
    2) Any possible solution fix?
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

There is no problem at all with your Punto. It's all normal functioning.

And, no , you cannot decrease or increase the idling speed according to your wishes. It's all controlled by the ECU.

4. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    Question : Palio 1.3 MJD Service interval and servicing checklist

Hi, I am coming back to this forum after about a year. I had been searching for a Palio 1.3 Diesel last year and found one in August11 (33K clocked). It has been a nice experience owning this car so far and did not have any particular trouble maintaining it. As I drove it more and more, the paranoia of buying a Fiat as an effect of reading too many stories about Fiat's after sales faded away. I did not see any particular issue as far as the regular servicing was concerned (touchwood). This forum was really helpful when choosing a second hand Palio.

I have a quick question about the servicing interval of the MJD. I did my full servicing in November 2011 from Acumen Motors Fiat-Tata service centre Pune. It was a regular servicing and they did not find any particular issue, the car has been hassle free so far. Here are the details about the servicing :

Servicing details . Done at 39926 KMs
    [TABLE="class: grid, width: 500, align: left"]

Cost INR

Oil Filter

Fuel Filtering element DSL

Engine Oil Diesel
    1991 (622/Ltr)

Air Filtering Element

Oil change service(every 10K KMs)

Misc. greasing and spray

Questions :
    1) When is the car due for servicing next ? The manual gives interval of 37K --> 45K ---> 52K etc. Should I better service it at about 47-48K ? Would I need to change the Engine oil at that time ?
    2) When they say that a diesel is high on maintenance, is it a one time service cost or some parts need to be changed in smaller intervals. I have never understood this part. E.g. I read somewhere that Palio MJDs needs an Air filter replacement every 2500 Kms, is that true ? Are there any other small things I need to replace/service before the next 48K interval ? (timing belt, other filters, fluids ?)

Minor problem :
    As per the guidelines (I hope they are correct) I usually shift between 2200 - 2500 RPM, occasionally above 2500. My driving is mainly city outskirts, not exactly highways. But I have observed it twice that when I take the car out on highway, sometimes at 2200-2500 RPM in 4th or 5th gear, the car feels little less on punch and bit dead for a moment but I rev more , it gets into the speed, after about half an hour or hour of driving the car again feels punchy and gives good acceleration at same RPMs. Anyone has faced a similar issue before ?

Note : I bought the car at 33K KMs, the previous owner had it serviced in correct intervals from Pandit Auto pune. Immediately after purchase I did basic servicing like above from a local garage (@about 34K) and then did full servicing as mentioned above at 39K.
  5. reggaerahul , first of all, welcome back to TFI, secondly, many congratulations on the Palio MJD. I've got two of them. ;)

Regarding oil change, the manual shows as 7500 kms and that is for ordinary mineral oil. If you are using mineral oil, then stick to that interval, but if you are using Semi-synthetic like selena, which I guess that you are using, then you can consider changing them at 10k kms.

Since I'm out of warranty and also bcoz I'm using semi-synthetic, my schedule now is oil,oil filter change at 10k and fuel filter change at 20k kms. Other fluids such as coolant,power steering oil, brake/clutch oil and gearbox oil to be changed every 2 yrs.

Stick to this schedule and your Palio would keep you smiling!

And reg the RPM that you are up-shifting, I personally fell it is a bit low. You can up-shift at over 2.5k. I do something similar and to top it all, I never use the 5th in-city. Even on the highway, I up-shift to 5th only at speeds above 80. This being the case, my Palio delivers 17kmpl in city and 20-22kmpl in highway. All with AC.
    Last edited: May 16, 2012
  6. muni

Your list seems to be the same as mine :) and one more odd thing is that the horn pad is a bit hard.

---------- Post added at 05:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Your list seems to be the same as mine :) and one more odd thing is that the horn pad is a bit hard.
  7. bak

bak Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    What do you mean by remote opener, you want them on remote key? which other cars in the segement have them on remote key?
  8. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

Yes, boot opener in the remote key. I saw it in Figo which according to many TFI members is a segment below.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Is it a new feature in Figo or that was done aftermarket?

My friend also owns Figo Titanium and he was amazed to see the remote boot opener option in my Linea.

A company which has not even given the rear power window for even the top variant, why should we need to compare this piece again and again with the Punto?
  10. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

It cannot be aftermarket product. My collegue also owns Titanium which is almost 2 yr old. I will recheck it and post a picture tomorrow.