1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Front always had the Stabilizer bar, Have seen it in my 2010 Punto.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I will check mine. But the manual doesn't mention about it.
    Few people in the forum had mentioned about the rear jumping more when accelerating after climbing a hump. I have gone through some article on net and seen that
    the down side of ARB is that the over stiffness will try to lift the wheels from the ground in case of a hit on a hump or a waddling sensation on rough roads. Seeing the typical indian condition Fiat might have removed it from Punto. For Linea being a wider and heavier will have more body roll and the ARB for rear is needed than Punto.

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

I did some comparison between other models. Fabia and polo uses ARB on front. None of the other hatches have it including the Honda Jazz which they were selling at over price.

Only Linea has ARB for front and rear. New Fiesta,Vento,Rapid,CRUZE and SX4 has it on front but not on rear. Verna doesn't have it.

Skoda Lura has it both on front and rear. Altis doesn't have. Renault Fluence has only on front.

One thing is again clear now. Fundamentals of Punto and Linea is much much better than many C+ segment cars. Only one example. There can be many if one sit and compare.
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    *Found a Screw under the Clutch Pedal, Please help*

Hi, Last night when I opened the car door; I saw this screw lying exactly under the clutch pedal. I looked around but can't figure out where it came from. If it is some dashboard panel or something, I am fine. However, I am worried if while driving the clutch or brake may be affected. Any clue? :anyone

DSC01199.jpg
    Last edited: May 12, 2012
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Linea MJD AC Not cooling as expected without sunfilms

My Linea AC is not cooling satisfactorily after removing the films from the windows when the temp in MID is above 45 C but if MID displayed temp is below 38 C the AC chills the cabin in no time. AC Vent Grill temp when temp is below 38 C on ACC set at medium fan position indicates around 3.5-5 C after 5 mins but when temperature is above 45 C the AC vent temp is around 13-15 C and even after one hour of running I am sweating.
    Tried the same in someone else petrol linea with AC upgrade kit installed and the temp even when temp is above 45 C is in the range of 5-7 C which drops below 5 C after 10-15 mins same is the case with a linea 2011 MJD that was present in ASS when I got my AC checked last week.

Last month had the AC Gas topped up but nothing changed post that. Also checked all sensors and all mixtures and distributors in ACC and they are working fine.
    I visually checked the AC system of other cars and my car. The condenser had more depth in the cars which were cooling fine in high temp. The condenser in my car is around 12mm deep and almost 16-18 mm deep in other newer cars that were manufactured post AC upgrade kit development.

Does anybody else face this problem in their 2009 MJD or 2010 MJD's.
    To me it seems the condenser is not able to cope up with higher heat in 2009 cars and that is why AC was upgraded in petrol cars but why not in diesel cars too that had thin condenser.
    Sun films were helping the poor AC of earlier MJD to hide but now with latest SC notification I have already started feeling the heat and wondering what would happen in next two months. I have seen MID reporting temps of above 55 C in June and July here.

I guess even the earlier MJD's have to be re-called for AC Upgrade kit.
    I have a exam on 14 May so would be taking car again to the better ASS in our tricity Joshi Autozone instead of below average ASS BDass Pkl post 15 May. Would be interesting to see what they say about this
  5. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ check in the two places highlighted in the below image:

Fiat_Grande_Punto_SS_DSC02676_th.jpg
    2 people like this.
  6. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Yes Shams is right. That could be the one of reason for the creaking sound in one haunted house. It was lose & was making krr krr sound on vibration. In case you don't find a suitable place, collect it. Infact collect all the screws that you find till 1 st service & handover handful of screws to TASS for finding their places for you.
    At least one rattling noise should disappear after this now.
    1 person likes this.
  7. krishnasinh7229

krishnasinh7229 Timido

jam
    Later on applying DIY. I found out that once while pulling out a hard to remove USB drive i applied some what more force and ended in to loss grounding terminal. I found out that the USB socket circuit just have some scarcely applied soldering metal to it. I changed USB socket and now problem is solved.
    So any one having restart problem with media player should first check for loose power supply to USB OR media player.
  8. Guys Please help Shashank about Hyderabad local garage.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    The enquiry was done way back in November. Don't know what his issue was which he wanted to resolve outside the SC. There are couple of Fiat garages, one in Kukatpally and the other in Tarnaka. I donot know if there are more existing. But I am not sure, if we can call them experts. I got a dent and paint job done at the Fiat garage which is located right opposite to my building in Feb 2011. The job done was more than satisfactory (better than the SC guys).
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    For welding and tinkering works, underbody repair etc:

Sooris Garage
    Shinivagalu Main Road, Ejipura
    Bangalore, Karnataka

This is very close to Ejipura signal, Koramangala. Search in google maps for exact location.