1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Pran
    You can not flash and perform backup with this cable and software
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    I use OBD ELM 1.4 bluetooth dongle & I am able to connect it to my phone & get the readings from ECU. One thing which I have noticed is though the device pairs to the phone, it takes time for the application to connect with the device. I need to change protocol settings to manual from automatic & change the preferred protocol to ISO or can 11/500 for the initial connectivity. Once it is connected, I'll change the protocol to Automatic & I will start getting reading from the guages. It may differ from device to device. So most likely it could be the delay in connecting.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Indian Punto never had the ARB since launch and this was clarified in 09 and 10 manufactured vehicles. Can't find the thread now, but a search will get you there.

Talk about half baked journalism!
  4. You will need to open the ECU to read the full contents of the maps, not all the 160+ maps seen by the OBD sensor.
  5. amitp

amitp Amatore

Pune, Maharashtra
    Hi teky,

No offense meant but AFAIK the Grande Punto in India had the rear ARB too, until the 90 HP was launched in mid 2010. They still have ARB on the front suspensions. A stabilizer bar is another name for a sway bar or an anti roll bar.

Cheers!!!

Amit
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There was "Stabilizer Bar" in front and rear suspension in early Punto.
    This was removed later, in 2010 from rear.

This is off-topic, so let us not discuss here.
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Ravi - I know this is OT but please refer to this thread and you'll know the ARB was never part of 09 manufactured Punto either.

@Amitp - No offense taken!
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks teky, I just went by the brochures (old Punto).

arb_punto.jpg

I have moved the posts here.
    Last edited: May 10, 2012
  9. rksharma

rksharma Timido

Bareilly (UP)
    linea upgrade

Thanks BR the informations are useful in the recommended threads. I have made up my mind to go for upgrade.

rk
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Here is a comparison of 2010 brochure, 2010 manual and 2012 punto
    They have added stabilization bar for front in 2012.

arb.jpg

It is also possible that they have avoided ARB to give better ride on rough roads though on cornering it helps.
    Again after the GC increase why they included it in front. 2012 punto owners please check whether it actually exist or not.
    Last edited: May 11, 2012