1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello everyone, Thanks for your views . I guess what i conclude is that there is a bit of blinding by pillars and we can overcome it by sliding our seats back.
    Might work out easier for tall guys and may be slightly tricky for an avg. height. As for the lumbar adjustments mentioned which i feel is the same as height adjustment of the seat, it is not avvailable in active variants (mine is active). ...so will try sliding the seat as far back as i can comfortably and give it a shot....Thanks to all team members.
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ sanfiat

This issue is present in all Fiat cars. Issue is seen in Fiat Uno,Siena & Palio also.

You will be comfortable after using cars for some k.

IMO this issue is not objectionable.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

If someone carefully observes & analyze, that's where Impact beam lies which doesn't let FIAT's cabin collapsed.
    Look how beautifully that A Pillar has been reinforced with one more support to form a Lambda. This is the cabin which trucks can't collapse in which you are riding.
    Those thick pillar gone means you are not in a FIAT:drinks
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I think the best view we can get from RTC bus. What I meant to say is that the windshield is vertical and minimal block. So Punto with a slopy windshield will have less visibility. But it can be avoided by adjusting driving position. Swift and wagonRs with more vertical windshield will have slightly less obstruction compared to Punto. But the price they pay is
    the ugly looks and safety
  5. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    I do kind of agree here that A pillars are real blind spots. I had a situation in past where I was taking a steep right turn gushing through a signal where a cyclewala was rushing from opposite direction. I just couldn't see him until he was kind of on my car. Luckily I braked and car glued to ground otherwise I would have been behind bars today ;)

Saying that I think every car has some or the other characteristics which the driver needs to learn and adjust to it. From that day onwards I do following.

1) Never gush through signals, I take it easy ;)
    2) Now I use every glass on my car to make any James Bond kind driving decisions.
  6. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    I also follow a similar practice of idling the engine for a min after starting and idling it for couple of minutes before stopping (sometimes it really gets boring but I keep the FM on to entertain myself). I don't know if you guys have noticed but somewhere in manual it is mentioned that "let the car catch its breath before stopping engine after a demanding drive". And the "demanding" definition also comprises of City drives with traffic with others!
  7. rksharma

rksharma Timido

Bareilly (UP)
    Any body who has installed Linea Ground Clearance Upgrade Kit

Hi all,
    I own a Linea emotion 1.3 MJD since Feb-2010 and done 35000 KM. Earlier, i had Indigo LX for 6 yrs and with it i did nearly 90K Kms. The driving is more pleasure with linea. I had hit 145 kmph max with my indogo and 165 with Linea. The linea has good stability at high speeds and great breaking with abs.

The only worry with linea ia its ground clearance, so i have decided to go for "Ground clearance upgrade kit" launched by Fiat India. Is there any body who has installed this kit in the car. I am keen to know about the performance of said kit and the actual cost incurred in installation. How much clearance is actually increased and is stability of vehicle is affected at high speeds.
  8. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
  9. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    A pretty old thread being digged out :)

I came across this FiatECUScan - Fiat, Alfa, Lancia ECU Reader / Scanner and was wondering if anyone tried to run the scan and get some info out of your car. I have access to few of the connectors at office so if someone has tried successfully
    1. would like to know how it works, am eager to get into the heart of my car.
    2. What all can be done if I can get connected and scan

Ok, now I came across this tool ECU Flash tool Software Informer: version 1.1 information. My wild mind starts thinking in another direction as well.
    If someone has remapped their ECU, can the ECU scan get the extract and the ECU flash s/w flash it for all the TFIians FREE OF COST

I dream too much :)

---------- Post added at 08:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

A pretty old thread being digged out :)

I came across this FiatECUScan - Fiat, Alfa, Lancia ECU Reader / Scanner and was wondering if anyone tried to run the scan and get some info out of your car. I have access to few of the connectors at office so if someone has tried successfully
    1. would like to know how it works, am eager to get into the heart of my car.
    2. What all can be done if I can get connected and scan

Ok, now I came across this tool ECU Flash tool Software Informer: version 1.1 information. My wild mind starts thinking in another direction as well.
    If someone has remapped their ECU, can the ECU scan get the extract and the ECU flash s/w flash it for all the TFIians FREE OF COST

I dream too much :)
  10. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Intresting. Where can we get the interface cable? I assume it to be using USB interface at PC side.

-Gopi