1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Re: Does 1.2 L GP feel underpowered on ghats?

I would suggest you to climb ghats sections without AC.... Its not just with 1.2 but Climbing ghat without AC is good for any cars health.... and it becomes easier to climb ghats too... I have taken my GP 1.2 to Srisailam ghats... although they are very less around 20kms but it was comfortable with 2nd or 3rd gear... Did not downshift to 1st even once...
  2. Re: Does 1.2 L GP feel underpowered on ghats?

I dont have underpowered issue anymore and never had braking issue thats most talked about with my punto. To me, 1.2 needs proper style of driving. Its a great car.
  3. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune

well said buddy......... I agree with you... It cannot be driven like a santro or wagon R.... It is made or FIAT Lovers...
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)

HIT the RPM over 5K mark, that what he does :devilface :devil
  5. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune

I've driven up to Lavasa and the road to lavasa is pretty steep .. A/C on 1 and 2nd gear does the trick .. doesnt feel underpowered at all if you ask me
  6. ajai_dev

ajai_dev

Shimla
    Will airbags in Linea deploy if the seat belt is not fasten?

Hi i am a bit confused on which variant of the Linea to select it has come down to Emotion and Emotion Pk now the problem is that i cant put on the seat belt because of a skin issue and i have heard from friends that car's with airbags does not let the airbags deploy till the seat belts are not fasten is it also true for Linea?

I recall reading on another forum about a Skoda Laura crash in which they did not have the seat belts on and still the airbags deployed so i just wanted to confirm if the airbags work even if seat belts are not used?
  7. infernal

infernal

Gurgaon
    Re: Will airbags in Linea deploy if the seat belt is not fas

Yes, in theory they would. Even if the airbags do deploy without a seatbelt at say 50kmph, your body is still travelling at that speed at the time of crash. But a seatbelt would lock it. My advise is to look for an alternative, like seat belt pad perhaps, if it helps.
  8. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Airbags WILL deploy irrelevant of the seat-belt being worn or not / seat occupied or not, unless de-activated.
    In the Emotion PK, only passenger airbag can be de-activated, while the driver airbag remains active all the time.

The passenger airbag can be de-activated (via the menu settings) because sometime some drivers have a child in a rear facing 'baby seat' in that seat.

Honestly, a skin issue is NO reason for you NOT to wear your seat-belt (if driving) even if you are a cautious person or sitting in the passenger/rear seat, other drivers on the road may not be cautious and can be a threat to you. The seat-belt is there for a reason..
    Do wear your seat-belt. :helmet
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

I do not have the exact information as to the actual implementation of airbag - seat belt system in Linea.
    However I know of systems that inhibit airbag deployment if the seat belts are not activated.
    The theory is that, without the restraint from seat belts, the airbags will be of limited use and probably can cause more damage than protection when it explodes in your face.
    I will never recommend driving without seat belts. They are the primary restraint system. The airbags are only supplementary restraint system.
  10. MihirC

MihirC Amatore

Mumbai

Yes they would still deploy, but Let me tell you, The airbag deployment and effectiveness is corelated with you wearing the seatbelts. If the airbags are deployed without the seatbelts on then they are known to cause injuries like burns etc as well as suffocation.