1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    You are right.. There is a blind spot around the A-pillar.
    You can somehow manage to get over it by probably adjusting you're seat to sit a bit up front if you feel the pinch.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I feel it while taking U turns and stuff. I have been wondering why is it designed in a manner to obstruct visibility.
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Habbit matters.....
    i faced this on my konkan maharashtra trip, but for only first few 50 Kms....
    please dont fall in front and have a view for RHS,rather you can utilise the window glass.
  4. Hello All,

I inquired from two dealers.

1. Tuli Motors, Rajouri Garden:
    Key Cost-Rs.7,000/- but will be having the same code as the old one.
    Whole Lock Assembly-Rs.10,000/- will have an entire different code and old key will be unusable, even the mechanical key.

2. Him Motors, Peeragarhi:
    Key Cost-Rs.5,800/- (Why a difference of Rs.1,200? or either he gave a wrong estimate)
    Whole Lock Assembly-Rs.9,800/-

Process will take 15-20 days and I have to pay some amount in advance as the new key/lock assembly will be issued on Chassis No. and unusable for other cars.

Both the SA denied when I said that I'll order the new key and they can change the electronic code in the key. In that process I can save 2-3k.

But as the key was lost near home, I will go with the whole lock assembly change.

I need to carry the code card received during the delivery and copy of RC to order the key/assembly.
    Last edited: May 4, 2012
  5. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rs.3,000/- extra for total piece of mind.

Finally, it is confirmed that Rs.7,000/- for additional copy of desmodronic foldable key.
  6. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Try contacting this guy, his name is pulin and he can make keyfob for your vehicle at good price. His mobile no is 9820899927. Also you can visit their site
    asharkeyhub.in

Sent from my phone, not yours. :)
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Please see the difference in two different positions. In first one(top) the seat is near to steering and in second one(bottom) it is moved away from steering(ideal position) for better visibility.

04052012.jpg 04052012(001).jpg
    6 people like this.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

How the hell do you people drive your FIATs:confused:?
    Never ever felt any obstruction or may be my Punto's Pillar is see through!
    Why the Tilt steering, lumbar adjustment & front/rear sliding of the driver seat are for?
    I hope one is sure that somehow, he didn't manage to choose the worst sitting position to obstruct his vision out of millions possibilities:mrgreen:. Tilt the steering upwards, bring yourself closer, tilt it downwards & slide the seat backwards where your leg could still reach the pedals.
    Come-on FIATians, what kind of issue this is & how we are expected to resolve it by discussion:lol
    1 person likes this.
  9. Thanks darkshooter. But as the key was lost near home(with no. written on it as it was back from service station) I would like to go with the complete lock assembly change as the mechanical key can still be used to open the car/boot.

BDW, OEM is OEM. No one can match it.
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Boot/door can be opened but car cannot be started. Anyways, there is risk as you lost the key near home. Good move to change the whole lock assembly.