1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I never got those figures at that speed..... i get between 18-21km/lr on highways at speeds btw 60-90km/hr.
    Mileage also depends on the road condtions and climate...

more over i think.. not sure.. active gives a better mileage than emotion as its lighter and less wider tires..
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    with AC-ON,not at alll,never------------- i guess :) please correct me
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    More problems on its way. 2 weeks back sometimes my car used to show the message "EBD Failure" on cold start. If I restart the car again it goes off. From yesterday the message stopped, but now the ABS light refuses to turn off. Something is terribly wrong, cant wait longer, planing to take my car to SC asap.
  4. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

I confirm...with AC on at level 1 ..I was constantly around 100-120 and multiple times 140..I got 17.5 - 18kmpl....

If I'm aroun 80-90 and sometimes 100..I have such trips multiple times to hassan...I get 21kmpl...
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Please ask them to check & clean the ABS sensors, Also check if all the wiring for ABS is intact. You can check it yourself by running your hands along the cable.
  6. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks teky, but looks like it is a battery issue. My fuel gauge refuses to move for some 3-4 seconds after the engine is up and running, been reading some threads where most of them had this issue because of battery related problem, will get it confirmed this weekend before jumping into a battery replacement.
  7. sanfiat

sanfiat Amatore

Faridabad, Haryana
    faridabad Haryana
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Blocked view due to Windscreen Pillars- Scary while i was driving in Hills.

Hello Everyone,

I was on a trip to Nainital few weeks back in my punto. Nainital is not a very tough hilly terrain. Not very steep but still fairly hilly.
    Problem i felt : Even the gradual hilly curves i encountered gave me a scare as i couldn't get a very clear view of the vehicles approaching from the other side of the curve. Sometimes i cud feel tehoncoming vehicle's view totally blocked by the windscreen's pillar supports. I was just praying i don't encounter a hair-pin curve.

Very scary. I'm not sure if i shud take another tour on hills, because others will be much more demanding than nainitl hills surely.

1. Did u guys face the same issue?
    2. Is it more predominant with Punto ( this blocked view problem)?
    3. Is there a way we can avoid this drawback?
    (because craning my neck too much to see what's coming on my right side, made me a bit worried that i might end up colliding from the left side of the car)

Lemme know guys 'cause i dont want to travel hills in a taxi with a punto at home.
  8. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I thought it was only with me, coz many people i asked told that The thick A pillar is not bothering them much . But nowadays, i m used to it and make my view clear by looking through the side glass as well when taking right handed corners . pull the seat slightly back(of course comfotable to you) and switch your view through side glass as well .
  9. sungoa2010

I didn't face any problem due to visibility. Infact Punto has more glass area than other hatch to improve visibility. Adjust the seating position and co passenger seat position till you find a comfortable position. Most people have the habit of moving more close to steering. Your hands should be stretched in steering position. Then you will be having more visibility. But important thing is that please practice with a new position when traffic is less till you get adjusted with the position. Try with max seat hight and minimum hight for steering.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

sanfiat, do not worry you will get used to it soon.. as others suggested u need to look through the window glass when approaching right curves.

And punto is one of the best cars in terms of in-gear acceleration to drive on curves/hairpins where u can see most of the other cars struggling due to lack of power.

I have driven my punto with ease on hundreds of hairpins of ooty, kodaikanal, munnar, yelagiri, yercaud and other surrounding places and so have most other tfians..

So its just a matter of practising and getting used to it.