1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    The price for the locking clips or Linea Chrome Strip is about Rs. 1,250/- !!! These are just the clip charges, the main part chrome strip is separate. J.Ravi mentioned he spent over 4000/- for fixing one Chrome strip.

Only thanks to Araldite, I saved those monies and the chrome strip looks as solid as ever against all my expectations.
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    VP, For that price I would like to get the clips for Akshaya tritiya instead of a gold:D
  3. Key Lost

Hello!

Today in market around 9:30PM, I lost my desmodronic key:uh. I looked nearby for around 1 hour but all the efforts were in vain. I drove away with car with the spare key.

Now as the key is lost, for security reasons, I want to change the whole lock assembly.

Any idea about the cost with/without desmodronic key?
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    You dont need to change the whole lock assembly.
    Just go to FIAT and tell them you've lost the key, Carry you're Electronic code and they will burn another code into the key and give it to you.
    It will be a new one, (And you're old lost key wont be of any use, should anyone try to use it)

I'm not sure how long it will take for this process, also they will charge you some money too..
    But at the end of it you will have a brand new key, just as new :)

Dont worry

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Also please read the manual , you will know what docs you need to carry for this procedure.
    Simple as that..
  5. Thanks for the reply.

I will visit the service center today and ask about the procedure. But as per your reply, I have one query, you said old code will be removed, but the mechanical key still can be used to open the boot I think as there is no alarm in Punto that will get activated.

Throw some light on it.
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    with the code card and your vehicle chasis number you will get a new key from the fiat, service centre guys will not be able to make key. They forward the details to fiat and what sc guys do is update new key details and remove old key details through obd scanner and mechanical key is always usable, but it has its own code. My two cents of knowledge.

Please, update after your visit to service center.

If I remember correct, the cost of desmodronic key is around Rs.7,000/-. But, not sure.
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    7000?? :eek:
    that is freaking expensive man..
    I better keep mine very very safely then
  8. arun_casio

arun_casio

trivandrum
  9. As per my knowledge the code is sent to Italy and a key with the same code has to come from Italy and hence the cost but is it 5000 or 7000????
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @arun you can try the following link

Owner Handbook Fiat 199 - GRANDE PUNTO INDIA VERSION English

@romsi I did not remember the exact figure. I came to know about it while going through fourms. Didn't remember where I came across it. But, as fare as I recollect it . it is 7,000/- But I am not sure if it is exactly Rs.7,000/-

@nikil please update the figure quoted to you by the service center. It is going to be the authentic figure.
    Last edited: May 3, 2012