1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

yes even i do idle engine before start and slowly drives for 5 mins or so...when I see temperature indicator showing in middle, then I can use the car beyond 2200 rpm. While stopping i idle it again for 2-3 mins so that it cools down properly.

Again only start-stop is not only important, a proper journey plan is also essential in keeping your turbocharger life.. I think that way. My office is just 4 km from my home and it is no point in running my T-jet to extreme as I know I can only attend 80Km/h speed for few seconds.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2012
  2. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    What Mileage should I expect before 1st service

Hi all,
    What mileage should I expect for my PUNTO 1.3MJD, which has done 3800KM+. I was checking the mileage twice (within a apan of 2 weeks) when I was driving on highways with AC ON, and average speed of 90 KM (varying upto 110KM max, 2600RPM max, controlled gear shift). Right now I am getting a mileage of 16.5KMPL. Is this an expected behavior? or Is this mileage something less and act immediately? or Can I wait and mention during my first service. Looking for your expert comments.
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

If you keep your speeds a notch below - probably 80 KMPh, i am sure you will clock better mileage. This seems to be an OK figure for mileage on highways.
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Remember one thing - FIAT engines open up very late.It's opposite for FIAT.More the miles u clock,the more better the engine gets and ur efficiency settles according to your driving style.After 1st service nothing great cuz it just involves cleaning up of filters and any liquid topup if required.Keep the engine ~3k rpm and do give it occasional short bursts of 120kmph for just a second or two.Keep a check on oil consumption too cuz the oil consumption is lil bit on the higher side till 10k kms.

5. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

I send the details with the pic to partshelpindia@fiapl.com and I got a reply back saying the part number matches with the clip in the pic and the cost is correct.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 4:08 PM
    Subject: RE: No part number on Collar for Punto-coolant hose
    To: Srijit Nair <srijit.pune at gmail com>
    Cc: Deepak Wagh <Deepak.Wagh at fiapl com>, Pritish Dash <Pritish.Dash at fiapl com>

Dear Sir,

Mention part no. is correct & matching with the attached photographs.

Thanks & Regards,

Rita Singh

Sent: 28 April 2012 11:45
    To: Pritish Dash; Deepak Wagh
    Cc: partshelpindia
    Subject: Re: No part number on Collar for Punto-coolant hose

Hi Pritish,
    Could you confirm if the below mentioned part number matches with the picture I have attached.
    part no. 0013000190. COLLAR .

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Srijit Nair <srijit.pune at gmail com> wrote:

Thanks for the quick reply. Just wanted to confirm if this is the clip that binds the pipe to the coolant tank for Punto ?

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 2:15 PM, partshelpindia <partshelpindia at fiapl com> wrote:

Dear Sir,

Below mention price 182.22 for the part no. 0013000190 is correct.

Thanks & Regards,

Rita Singh

MODS NOTE - In future, kindly replace @ with at and . with dot while writing email addresses.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2012
  6. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

If you are getting 16.5 on highway its way too low..

Under same conditions as you mentioned I get 21kmpl easliy..

But if I rip around 120-140..I get 18kmpl

Both above with AC ON (at level 1)
  7. Try and keep the engine below 2500rpm and keep varying it. That's the best you can do for it. Though run-in isn't required, do not strain the engine unless the engine temperature is at its optimum level.
    I used to get around the same FE initially though I get around 19 to 20 nowadays(After 10K km and with AC always).
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    The entire radiator hose, which I got replaced recently is lying at my home, and it has at least five such clips and couple of clamps. The total cost of the radiator hose was Rs.750. May be, I got the part at a discounted price! :confused:
    Who knows, when I visit next time, they will charge me saying "the billing during the previous visit was incorrect, and you have to pay the balance"?:eek:
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

If FIAT thinks they can charge 182.22Rs. for that hose clamp, then it's nothing but daylight robbery.

They are easily making a profit of ~175+ rupees on that ONE hose clamp. Wow.
  10. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Thanks for the info. 80 KMPH @ highways with PUNTO is difficult for one to maintain I hope :). If that is the only way I can get a good mileage, then I will not look for a better mileage.

Oh! Then I will do make a note on this to check it up during my first services. Also my AC levels were to the Fullest ar one point less than the max, as it was burning SUN throughout my drive. Hope that would also eat up my mileage.

OK, until 5K I plan restrict myself to stick around 2.5K rpm. Hope my PUNTO will do the same after 10K :)