1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I received a call by SA from ABS Motors 2 days back. He asked me with a bit of aggression that i didn't cry over Labour Charges at the time of payment but instead on the feedback call from FIAT:mrgreen:
    I told him that i will again call up FIAT & blame you for threatening me not to give the right feedback. In addition, we will come over at ABS & beat the crap out of you roadside & inject a poison dose forcefully like some mad stray dog is killed by MC guys:lol. In the end he was about to cry & promised that he will deduce the labour charges from the last service invoice & adjust it into 3rd service.

Moral of the story: FIAT has nothing to do with this. They sell many genuine spares for the price of Rs 230 than nut bolts, screws & clips. It's the dealers & dealers from other manufacturers are even more horrible:p.
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  2. Rams

Navi mumbai
    proud owner of one month old FIAT LINEA and now with the worst experience

On receiving the delivery of my car, I found some minor manufacturing defects in the car
    I brought the same to the notice of my seller. As the car is within the warranty period, I was told that it would be repaired by the Fiat service station. For the same reason I had bought the car to the Fiat service station in the Mulund. But I am very disappointed with the kind of after sales service provided by the people of the service station. The reason being while I handed over the car to the concerned person for washing, they did handle my car with due care. While washing they had scratched many parts of my car and those scratches were clearly visible. They knew it was there mistake because as soon as I came in they had identified the already existing scratches on my car and the one which I am talking about were totally new different from the earlier existing scratches and they were literally visible. First of all they completely refused to accept there mistake. I was literally troubled and after series of discussion and fight they agreed to repair the scratches.
    They told me that they would paint the car for removing the scratches. I reached in evening to collect my car. But to add to my stress they had painted the car in such a weird way that the front and back color of the car which they had painted it was visibly different from the color of the middle part of the car which was the original colour of the car. Again they didn’t accept their mistake and were trying to avoid me.
    Pls guys help me for this
    What should i do now...........??????????
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Have you not done the PDI before taking delivery of the car?
  4. Rams

Navi mumbai
    yes i had PDI before taking the delivery , at that time they had told me that they ll polish the car and ll remove all the scratches
    so thats why i had handed over the car to them and they scratched it
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Escalate to FIAT on this.
    This is complete ignorance on Dealer's part.
  6. sungoa2010

It was an unfortunate incident. It is a very common practice in India. They guys who drive the car in service stations drive it in a extremely harsh way.It is the responsibility of showroom fellow to train them properly on how to handle a car inside a showroom and service station.
    Can you post a picture showing the mismatch?
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  7. Rams

Navi mumbai
    no I cant as i have not taken the delivery of car.
    i have told them i wont take the delivery of my car untill they solve my problem

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

pls guys if u know any one in fiat who can help me for this then pls let me know
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Send one email to
    service "at" fiapl "dot" com
    Mangesh.Kodalkar "at" fiapl "dot" com

Do contact their help desk also via phone (1800-209-5556) or online - Fiat India
  9. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4

are you sure its the smell of burning rubber/plastic???

by the way my update-- just back from the service station, they didnt unmouint the dash instead they did what they called as " doing a proxy with computer after connecting it to the car ECU " It apparently resets all the air conditioning unit's programming. I am told to drive for a while to see if the problem persists.
    They said that the internal valves may not be shutting out (full cut off) completely hence the warm air maybe thrown in the cabin...the whole logic defies me :( but waiting to drive it for a while to see if the problem persists.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
  10. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

I would suggest first write an email...verbal talks wont help. Write an email to the dealer, tatamotors and FIAT india cc-ed.
    Also talk to the senior guys in the service and tell your problem, if they agree then ask them to write in commitment form...Take pictures of your car in front of senior guys and tell them you would show this and escalate the matter to higher authorities in FIAT.

And last suggestion.. i would suggest, to maximum extent get things done in front of you - even if you have to stay there for 8 hours just get things done. Dont ask them to wash car or polish it because most of them are not expert to use the polishing machine. Even for small work I never handover car just like that - I take photos/ few snaps just for records and also ask them to give everything in writing...These wont eliminate the risk completely but TASS would atleast be little alert.