1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    I had replaced the entire radiator hose and costed only Rs.750. This includes a number of clips and clamps.
    Now, just the clip costing Rs.200 is too much.
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  2. Interesting. Me too had the same problem few weeks back and I had few clips left over at home which I had once got for my Uno and I used them. But 200 is way too high for the clip.
  3. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Yes, the stuff looks overpriced. Frankly, when I was at the counter I didn't expect the price to be more than Rs 30 or so. The final price was a shocker.
  4. hmmm. Something i really fishy for sure. Try cross checking on it with another dealer.
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4
    the rubber/plastic burning smell still persists...no luck after the leaking power steering hose was changed as posted above :( :(
    now the final prognosis seems like some hot and cold supply-return pipes must be touching each other for which the entre dash has to me unmounted for a check! Heck what a pain ya :( , any ways no choice left but told them to do the needful.
  6. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Not much options in Pune other than Pandit Auto. :(
  7. chandu

Navi Mumbai
    Strut Bearing replacement under extended Warranty

My Punto has run 26K KM. I did my 3rd service from Furtune Nerul, Navi Mumbai. They did part servicing as they did not have the break pads that needs to be replaced during the 3rd free service. So i had to again visit the service center after 2 weeks time. During that time i started noticing some noise on the left side. It felt as if it is coming from inside the dash. I moved every thing out of the car and tried driving it, but could not find out what it was. So during my visit I told the service advisor to check the sound. The service advisor called in in the afternoon and told me that its the noise of the worn out Strut bearing and told me that it needs to be replaced. When asked what is cost for the same he gave me a figure of 6K.
    The Strut bearing is always replaced for both the wheels, Hence the cost of 6K. I enquired about the extended warranty and the advisor told me that its not covered. After going throguh extended warranty booklet, i discovered that i is covered. So the same was informed to him and when i asked him to carry out the repairs and replacement of worn out part. The advisor told me that the part is not available. So I had to make another trip to Fortune when they got the part.
    This time I took my extended warranty booklet and told them that it is covered under warranty. So They took my ride and replaced the same under warranty.
    The total bill amount was Rs 7000 and I had to pay Rs 280 as the insurance company approved only part.
    Now my car is back to normal and no sounds any more.
    I will attach the bill details soon.

8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

i was recently billed 60 rs i think for the collar, Not sure about the part number. Need to check the invoice which might be in my car, will check in about an hr. The one that was replaced on mine was somewhere under the engine, but i think it might be the same type of clip.
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

@RollingIce, are you sure?? Cause believe me even i had same problem. Small amount of coolent was leaking from from that joint & Galaxy did it for free. They replaced that clip under warrenty & also toped up coolent.

205 Rs/- for such a small clip?? Now that is someting i never dreamed of!
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

@ENKI the lizard didn't found way from near clutch pedal.
    The door glass was removed for removing the ORVM mounting and repainting of door and that lizard might have got in car that time.

@Toruk Macto unfortunately my car isn't Tarzen the wonder car. I really wish that it should be a wonder car that have self healing powers it would be so good to bang the car anywhere and see the car getting back into shape automatically.
    I do remember killing hundreds of cockroaches, house flies, mosquitoes and a snake. I hope some Icchadhari Naagin haven't captured my image in her eyes else I am in big trouble

Finally a good news managed to get the lizard out of my car yesterday. Sharing a picture of the lizard
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012