1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I am just wondering who in this forum would be a fan of reptiles. :D.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Aaron( pioneeraron) is a great friend of snakes. ;)
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Entry of lizard,rat is due to design errors of body of fiat cars.
    Thanx for wide gaps of doors. Because of panel gaps & door gaps
    fiat cars are converting into zoo.
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  4. ramjn

Linea 1.3
    bhai, I faced hell lot of issues due to rats in my earlier Hyundai Getz. My neighbour who owns Fiesta also faces lot of issues due to rats.
    Fortunately, I am spared from this in my ownership of Punto and Linea.

Don't call this a design error. This happens with all cars.
  5. try to delete the earlier pairing set up you had in your BB with blue and me and start the pairing process again.
    see if this helps..in my case it did..
    it works pretty windows style..;)
    .whenever you have a problem restart it and try..solves most of them!!!!
  6. sungoa2010

Why not think the other way. The Lizard could have fat so that it can't enter through that gaps.It is a design fault of Lizard also.:D

I don't think that fiat designers are unaware of that gaps. It is difficult for me to think as errors. I believe that they had highest priority on the design.
    And the vibrations and resulting modes of trapped air along with the car body can cause unwanted effects at high speeds due to resonance and it can be controlled by fine tuning the boundary conditions and the gaps, I strongly believe, is a result of it. I couldn't find any proof for that. It is a my strong belief. :confused
  7. Pran

Pran Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    In Idle mode or in neutral, engine should be supplied some minimum amount of fuel to keep it running which I feel will be the same (Someone correct me if I am wrong.). But if one is in neutral the car will cruise a longer distance compared to when it is in gear, so better mileage.
  8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Bhai, IMO When people refer panel gaps, they are more or less determining AC vents, plastic fit finish. That's typical local vendor issue & hardly manufacturer's actually. If you are talking about gaps in windows like those old Omni's where window locks but still you crawl your hand inside up-to your elbow inside it?

No Bhai, those technical gaps are completely non existent in FIAt cars. For eg, at 2nd service slight loss of tuning in rear window's lock & thud voice became an ugly "clank" in my 90 HP. As soon as the guy adjusted that, it's a typical FIAT thud now. I can agree with TATA or Hyundai doing that but FIAT, hell no, that's where experience counts. These automakers have evolved too much to make such basic mistakes. Though they can hardy improve on A.S.S as they say. These issues are more or less for novices & that's where VW or Hyundai matters. Even 1/2 mm of misalignment in boot, window or even while tightening the screws, you won't have the original performance & so easy to spot out till it gets perfect. Why don't you try this with one bucket of water? Water can enter lot easier than any reptile of the world:).

As far as Lizard is concerned, it found it's way inside through the opening just below the clutch pedal.Vijay also stated that it came from the area of clutch pedal.
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Ramjn, Teky, Linealover, Vignesh and the rest of the Chennai gang - please comment if any of you have got any work done at Bosch.
    I am planning to go there for a wash and interior vacuum and also get a quote on removing the dents and check if they have OB to do some touch ups.

Also, can I ask them to check and try to fix the door rattle or will it void the warranty?
  10. ramjn

Linea 1.3
    I don't have any experience with Bosch, Relativity. But, for the dents and minor touchups, I suggest you to get it done from TAFE. Their price is the chepest I have come across.

For regular Wash, if you are located near to 3M Car care, do it from them. They will charge Rs. 380. If you are near OMR, try car care.
    1 person likes this.