1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad
    Re: T-Jet mileage.. not impressed

@Rajen I am quite impressed with the fuel efficiency. I am assuming the reason is highway driving.

@bnzjon I will certainly look at the inst. consumption to adjust my driving. Hyderabad traffic is unruly and I cannot avoid frequent gear changes and sudden brakes. I sense this as an issue. Secondly, I will wait for the running in period to truly determine the mileage.

I will also have the car checked by Tejaswi just in case.

@sungoa2010 .... I would STRONGLY recommend you to drive a Tjet.. Its another experience. With the FE I am getting, wouldn't hit 100 soon but you should let your heart out on a test drive vehicle. Its another experience.

thanks to everyone for their advice.
  2. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi
    Fuel for THE JET???

T-Jet Gang !!!! I hope you are all enjoying your drives. Just wanted to cut it a bit and wanted to ask about the fuel you guys are using.
    Alot may have been discussed already but what brings me to this topic again is the recommended fuel in the T-JET manual.

It says 91 RON which i guess is 91 Octance. I was doing some research on this and found out that regular petrol is only 87 Octance, Speed or XtraPremium being 91 Octance. Does that mean we should be using premium petrol for our jets????

I am trying Speed 97 Octane today just to see how it feels.

Gurus please advise.
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Re: Fuel for THE JET???

adutt
    BS III and BS IV petrol is 91 Octane.
    Speed 97 won't give you any performance difference until you remap the ECU for 97 octane fuel.
    The manual specially mentions not to use Premium fuel.
  4. ansal11

ansal11 Esperto

Noida

I am using the normal fuel as well. A mentioned by vijay, Premium is not recommended. I think this topic is already discussed somewhere else on the forum before as well.
  5. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

Thanks for your advise guys, but now i already have a tank full of 97. Wanted to try it once first hand - it just me.

Vijay not sure about the ECU mapping, my theory being if the Octane boosters (eg STP) give a good boost (which i kow it does) then higher octance fuel should also not need ECU changes Can i not expect a slight boost?? I have not driven much after i got 97.....yet to go for a test drive.
  6. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat

premium fuel is a no only to diesel engine. nothing mentioned for the petrol. u can fill it with special fuel but its benefits are still questionable.
  7. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

1st Observation : I noticed an improvement in lower end torque...smoother ride at lower revs with speed 97. Absolutely no knocking. Instnt Cnsptn was more consistently towards double digits.

Still testing it on my own as there are not much reviews of high octane fuel tried on turbo petrol - which now comes in our side of 10lakhs.

But when i read the manual and checked the compression ratio of t-jet to be 9.8 (which is a 1 full point lower than 1.4 NA - surprised), i tend to think speed 97 would not be much of a use in the t-jet. I do not see 9.8 to be a high compression ratio.
  8. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India

I am using shell unleaded fuel... so must be 87 octane. that itself is 61.. so for the super 64 :-(
  9. adutt

adutt Amatore

New Delhi

Hey the manual says 91 RON minimum. So are you sacrificing on performance/FE with 87 Octance?? How is shell 87 working out better for you??

Speed 97 works !!! FE a 1 full point higher (maybe even more). No knocking...smoother drive. The car pulls smoothly on higher gear-low speed situations. Cost per km would be almost the same with normal or speed97. Still exploring....
  10. tjetdriver

tjetdriver Amatore

Bengaluru, India

I called up the dealer and he also mentioned unleaded fuel only. so i dont know if 91 is necessary.
    Anyway the first two fills have been normal unleaded. the next i will try the super unleaded(which should be 91) and try out.

Shell 87 is working ok. i am getting around 10 mileage.