1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I checked it out .....it says nutturno blue....
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I had posted this in my ownership thread. it is indeed Notturno blue.
  3. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    Mileage has risen to 16.5 on display.

I have a query regarding alignment and balancing.

After service, got alignment and balancing done outside. As for tyre rotation, the rear tyres were brought to front and vice-versa. I drove car for a week but found it to be drifting left.

Went to the same shop again, this time, first they interchanged the front tyres, which made the car to drift right. Now they flipped the side of the front right tyre (and scratched the alloy in the process :()

It was a known persons shop so couldn't argue much. The car seems to be running fine now. But does this process followed seem appropriate or just a jugaad.

Please advice if i need to take some corrective action.

Thanks,
    Varun
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Only if all the tyres are wearing equally then it should be appropriate (this may not be the case otherwise swapping might not have helped) and if the wear on different tyres is different then the solution looks like jugaad. this is my opinion, other tfians need to confirm!
  5. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Knocking during gear shift - Newbie MT driver

Hello All T-JET/Linea owner..
    I own a T-JET FROM last month,,clocked 1K.

I face the below problem mostly from initial days.

Most of the time when I change a gear and release the clutch, i feel a back thrush in the clutch pedal and knocking in the body..
    What I am doing wrong here?Is there any good practice to change gear and release the clutch pedal?
    I do not press the acceleration pedal at all during the entire process..
    I press the clutch pedal completely and then release it after I shifted the gear..

Apology as being a new driver and asked such question..For last few years I have driven AT car in USA and kinda new here with Manual transmission after a long gap.

Your comments and suggestions are most welcome...

Thanks again,

Amrit.
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  6. You need to simultaneously release the clutch and press the accelerator albeit slowly..... A little amount of practice and it will be alright i guess....
    Regards
    Sanjeev
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seems like you're releasing the clutch too fast and not at the appropriate rpm's. Also, depending on the rpm's/gear , some throttle input might also be needed.

Seeing that you drove AT before migrating to MT , so practice till you get it spot on! Don't worry about it.

Cheers.
  8. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Sanjeev and Gurjinder...will try it tonight and get you back to folks about any improvement..
    IN that case of slight throttle I guess the fuel economy is also getting impacted.

Can some one tell the right shifting ratio in terms of RPM for t-jet ?It will be a great help and did not get this anywhere in owners manual..
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    These are things which we generally learn by ourselves, mate. Every driver is different and unique.

I'm sure with a bit of practice you'll be totally comfortable with the Jet. Take it on a late evening/night cruise around town when you have the roads to yourself.

Cheers.
  10. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    Thanks Sirji,,tried today evening,,and can feel the magic....