1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I have OB punto too...

My opinion is ...in reality..it does not look exactly like in AD....

In sunlight it is more of a shining purple blue...in shade it is more of a dark dark blue...(which I like)..

The color in shade..is better than in bright sunlight....
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Didn't noticed purple shade in OB when I took TD of new Linea, maybe it looks different in diff light conditions like Vocal White linea, which changes its color like a chameleon
    How I wish my car was vocal white instead of Bossa Nova White
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The tint of glass also slightly alter the visual sense of colour. For example when I went for front windshield film for my red punto, the colour that appear to me was different than earlier. Total installation made the inside more darker and that will affect your perception of colour.
  4. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    I checked with Concorde bangalore and they do not have it here. Is it available at your local concorde showroom ?
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    The OB is dark blue in shade and under sunlight, it transforms to a very shiny shade of blue. I think the sunlight and the blue might be making a purple haze :D

You may have spotted an Electric Blue shade of a GP at the fuel station.

The point is, do you like the Ob or would you rather go for a different shade? There is another beautiful shade of blue available - FTA.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    The more important question is whether it will void the warranty. Please advise.
  8. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    MIleage drops drastically

Hello friends,

Looks like some minor issue but since the last 5000km I am seeing a huge drop in the mileage returned by my vehicle. I used to get 13-15km/l in Bangalore traffic and 15-16km/l on the fast highway runs where the average speed on display is in the range of 70-90km/hr. Now my car returns 10-11km/l in city and 11-12km/l on the highways.

During my last visit to KHT motors the air filter was cleaned (by hitting against the wall), nothing changed.
    Planing a visit to tyre shop for alignment and balancing.
    I am suspecting a blocked injector. Has anyone got their injector cleaned and noticed any change in mileage? Bosch SC charges 250/- per injector for cleaning which uses some high pressure equipment.
    EGR cleaning, does it help?

Any suggestions are welcome.

But surprisingly my car gave a dream mileage of 27.5km/l during test run which confuses me (and everyone here)

cheers!
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Your's is diesel I assume...

I get 15kmpl in city..

Highway at a constant 100kmph I get 20.5 to 21..

Mycar is about 20 days old..and I have completed 2000kms !!!

I'm not aware of whats wrong ..with your car..
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    puntosat.. his car is almost 70k old.. one of the first ones :p :)

BTW pran, try using injector cleaning agents like STP (really good imported ones.. not local ones) which is added with a half tank of diesel, you can experiment with that first and then show it to SVC for opening up if needed. If air filter is clogged, u ll feel slight sluggishness, not so much diff in mileage figures. it may be adulterated fuel, try changing the fuel station and recheck the tyre pressure. Check if there is any problem with EGR / valves.