1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The symptoms of a car that is out of alignment are:
    Uneven or rapid tire wear
    Pulling or drifting away from a straight line
    Wandering on a straight level road
    Spokes of the steering wheel off to one side while driving on a straight and level road.

The symptoms of a wheel that is out of balance are:
    Vibration in the steering wheel at certain highway speeds.
    Vibration in the seat or floorboard at certain highway speeds.
    Scalloped or cupped wear pattern on the tires
  2. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    logo on key fell off

Hi,

The small fiat logo on my key fell off and I could not find it . Is there anyway I can get that small piece separately or DO I have to make do with the hole there :-|

Thanks,
    Arjun
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    logo on the key is available now for around 150. thats what my SA told me.
  4. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    Oh is it . Let me check with my SA here. Thanks
  5. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    The issue was checked by TASS.And they did not find anything and asked for me to keep driving.
    After that nothing happened, however,I feel little burning smell is still there if I open the bonnet and check it closely towards the battery area.
    Otherwise car is running without any issue (touch wood) and in city I am getting 12.kmpl closely without ac.
    Total running 750KM.
  6. PuntoOwner

PuntoOwner Timido

bangalore
    BAngalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Oceanic Blue punto

I have not seen this being raised. However , the new punto OB color what is shown on TV ads and brochure is diff from the actual ( which is somewhat dark blue or purple in color.
    Has this changed recently. I have got my punto 1.3 MJD recently CLZ series which is again mentioned as OB.:confused:

I have also seen a typical blue color new punto recently which filing gas in my car which is much similar to the one mentioned in the brochure .

Has anyone raised this with Fiat and got any feedback from them

Thanks
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The colors in the brochure and the TV can not be reproduced to the extent as in real life, unless we're talking of some seriously high quality stuff. A bit of error is inevitable.

The only real test is checking out the color in person.

When seen in person, the OB does not have any purple tinge. It's a very rich metallic blue. Also, metallic colors such as the OB can tend to "appear" different in sunlight and shade.

A case in point was the Moonmist Grey of the Palio. I used to think it has changed color many times during a day as the sun progressed from East to West. :)

Cheers.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  8. PuntoOwner

PuntoOwner Timido

bangalore
    BAngalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    gurjinder,

appreciate your view. however this doesn't mean that blue should look like purple in a sunny day.

I have also seen a typical blue punto recently, (which is why i thought i should raise this issue)

Bcoz the ads clearly shows the new punto cars in blue color, & hence was my choice of color to go for it.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Are you sure you saw the Oceanic Blue Punto, or the Electric Blue?

I've seen the OB in shade and sun and it doesn't look purple. :confused: It's a deep blue.
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its same and its not purple.......