1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    To be honest, I never felt any difficulty. When a person who drives other cars and drive a Fiat, he may find it difficult for some time, until it is getting used to. For you, I don't see any difficulty at all.

Note:- 1. Why would one feel difficult with left side stalks for the indicators? You should always use the indicators first before you act on changing the lane or turning left. What is the issue here?
    2. One or Two reverse light. The result is same. The lights are not at all effective in Punto or even in Linea where 2 lights are provided. I have owned Getz sometime back and again the result is same. Useless reverse lights. It all depends on how effectively you can handle the backing up. For safe reversing, for a beginner like you think about reverse sensors for Reverse camera. This is the solution.

Don't think too much Sundar. I am eagerly waiting for your car's delivery :D. Enjoy the drive with your beauty.
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2012
  2. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I had Ford Ikon earlier and a Fiat now.

I find left side indicator stalk as normal. Rather I find indicator stalk on right side AN ODDITY like in other cars like Maruti etc :)
    what say?
    1 person likes this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    My GP is my first car and I like the stalk on the left as I can still hold the steering with my right.
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    In Bombay City traffic I never get above 13.5-14.5 in winter when AC is less used and 12.5-13.5 in summer with 80-90% AC.
  5. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Always look for a paint chamber in a garage if u want to get ur car painted there.Dust would be a major issue (bubbles)if its done in open especially visible in dark colors.
  6. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    I expereiced some scary stuff yesterday.On the way back to home from a 400KM road trip, we were stuck in raffic for an hour and for 10-15 mins I was Driving on 1st gear halt/full clutch.
    Suddenly some white smoke whith an unknown smell coming up from bottom of the car area and Opening the bonnet it comes from bottom ,close to gear box.The smell is also coming form ac vent as well.
    However the temp reading was absolutely normal in the meter.
    Called the RSA, and after talking to them they say due to excessive half clutch the power could not be transmitted to wheel and thus creates smokes.They suggested to drive back home and no issue is there.
    Any advise on this?Planning to show to TASS.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Did the car pass through a puddle of water etc when you saw the smoke?

Half clutch driving does heat up the clutch really bad and leads to increased wear. And i can see some logic in the SA's advise. But smoke can only come if some liquid came in contact with the hot part ( maybe the clutch bellhousing). Because the clutch always remains dry.
  8. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

USA
    USA
    Linea 1.4
    no, no water body close the vehicle ..after that I drove close to 60kms without any issue.
    Just TASS picked the car from office.I am upset by a behavior from a flagship model of Fiat..
    I drive cars for last few years never see any such issue for a new car.
  9. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    The 120 kms i talked about were all city driving but mostly in odd hours. Still, i have tried driving were sedately and now after 300 kms, the mileage has gone up to 15.9 kmpl on display. I am a bit relieved but still somehow the car does not feel normal or as smooth as it was before service.

I got balancing and alignment done from outside, though from a trusted shop, can this be the reason for heavy feel of car?

Also, during balancing i found a small nail inside one of the tyres, since it was not leaking air, i left it but i guess i should get it repaired before my next trip! On a related note, can Alignment, balancing or tyre rotation lead to steering stiffness (heaviness)?
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Perfect alignment of the wheels will lead to a lightening of the steering. You'll feel as if some load has been taken off the steering. But to feel that, firstly you gotta feel a steering with badly aligned wheels. :p

Cheers.