1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If the allen-key slots have stripped, then that is due to the use of improper sized / totally worn allen-key by the TASS themself. It didn't get stripped on it's own. Allen key slots are hard to strip if used properly. Let them know this ( if this dealer has serviced your car throughout it's life).

This might be a good time to go for the GC upgrade kit, if you want and give the Linea a mid-life refresh.
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes, it is the electric club. Rather shock club.

What is confusing me is that, i never got static from the car in the initial days. I got the vehicle last April, which was summer. There were no shocks. But, this summer, it has been very bad. Shocks all over. Cant understand.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2012
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The strut bolt was opened when I first got my elastic pads changed around 1 1/2 years back . SA in TASS told me that strut/suspension had to be sent to turner since the bolt didn't open.Recently around 4 months back same issue when my rack was getting changed and this time they couldn't open in the service station.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Did you check air pressure in all four wheels. Try finding some good highway stretch to calculate fuel efficiency, also try resetting the ECU and see if there is any improvement. Please don't visit ASC before you've done your home work.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Engine oil + air filter replace will only have a positive effect.

Were the 120km's under city, B2B traffic, highway?

Do a 5-8 km run on a free stretch and check the figures. Do reset the tripmeter before doing so.

Cheers.
  7. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    I too faced this issue after my 2nd serviece. I went to coorg from chennai [round trip ~1475] the average mileage was 15.3 KMpl and also experienced that the pickup was low and my top speed was just 160 KMPH whereas previously I had done 185 KMPH in my GP90, which was shocking to me. I was driving with 3 more adults + 2 kids and our luggage for 4 days. The vehicle went for its 2nd serviece to VST just 2 days before our tour. Trusting the serviece guys I didnt check anything including tyre pressure.

I was really upset and called all three serviece stations in chennai.

After coming back from my tour I went to concord motors in ambatur, chennai. But unfortunately[fortunately?] they couldnt attend my problem they were very busy because of the year end audit.

Then I thought of resetting ECU. After resetting ECU I tried driving at maduravoyl bye pass in chennai. There was marginal improvement in my highway drive for ~80KMs I got ~17KMPL, but I couldnt conclude the improvement is because of ECU reset. I returned home with little disappointment.

On my way back I notieced a tyre alignment shop, something struck in my mind and I went in to the shop and asked him to check pressure in all tyres. They were 30PSI in front and 27.2 in back. Then I realised that the serviece station might have adjusted the tyre pressure for doing allignment. Then I asked them to remove the existing air and refill it with nitrogen.

The next day[sunday] I drove ~130KMS from poonamallee -> kovalam -> OMR -> express avenue -> poonamalee along with my wife and kid with 100%AC I got 18.7KMPL. This result made me little satisfied and I am bit relaxed now.

But I have to test the max speed and pickup at highway with fully loaded.

Regards
    Gopi
  8. rockstar

rockstar

Bangalore
    Even I haven't seen many. Saw one fitted on a chevy - cruze, but was passing by, hence did not get to check it out.
    Haven't seen may photos either. So a bit hesitant to go with it. Do you think its useful in narrow corners ?
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    What purpose would it serve. :confused:

The stock wing mirrors when adjusted properly, serve well.
  10. rockstar

rockstar

Bangalore
    I suppose. But on narrow broken roads, when I need to adjust toward extreme lefts for other vehicles to pass thru I am not able to judge correctly where my front wheels are. Will it run out of the road. Such a mirror can help right ?