1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Did reset the trip meter post service? Reason being people at service centre tend to allow the AC run generously whilst they are working on the car.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  2. ginnupotter

Yes, i reset the trip meter and the 120 kms i am talking about are all after the service.

AC was ON 100% of time, but still the mileage for same scenario is anywhere above 16 ( on display) so a mileage of 13.5 is shocking to me.
    Have to drive till monday like this only as i dont have time to visit SC.

Worried :(

3. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Hi guys , got the car checked today . The dealer told me that clutch pressure plate needs to be changed , infact whole clutch assembly needs to be replaced . But he denied me the warranty , according to him its counted in normal wear and tear . My car is 20 months old and has 36k at odo . Is he right or I should take the car to some other dealer..??
  4. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

You can claim warranty.I did!! I got my whole clutch kit under warranty in 4000kms.Your still under manufacturer's warranty.Write a mail to FIAT and seek for solution.Dont rely on dealer alone.Dealers are always hell bent on washing their hands off by sayin its a wear n tear part.If you have another dealer around then cross check with him and see what he says.36k mileage is too early for the pressure plate to give up.Should last atleast 50k under indian conditions.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ManUTDian

ManUTDian Amatore

New Delhi
    Haven't seen any of the sedans with Front fender mirror. Wouldn't it look odd.
  6. clash81

clash81 Regolare

I am experiencing this day-in and day-out. And the current started appearing in Bangalore summer - that is, it has been happening for the last 1 month or so. I am miffed. Has this got anything to do with A/C? Now i am running my A/C all the time.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i have observed this and with more static energy when i wear sport shoes(reebok addidas).
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Welcome to the electric club. :)
    I've faced this issue during winters when you're skin dries out.. This problem can be addressed with plastic mats as said earlier .
    Also you can brave this incidence and brace yourself for small shocks now and then in winters.

PS:: I used to touch the car in small increments to escape these shocks but never fully prevented getting zapped.
    Now I'm just used to it. Be extra cautious when touching electrical items soon after I get out of the car...
  9. vivekanandrb

vivekanandrb Timido

:) Very funny, but painful - I too have faced it on several occasions. In the US, during winter nights, I've also noticed sparks on 2 occasions when touching the doors. 2 suggestions - use moisturizers on your hands/palms if you don't mind get the steering wheel slightly clammy. Close the door while touching the window pane & not the metal part - I do the latter to the extent that it has now got to be a habit with me.
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Rusting on the strut bolt

i went to change my elastic pads in TASS as they are making noise and r rusted.The SA told me that the bolt of the strut wont open as the slot is slipped where elanki is inserted to open the strut bolt.Both front sides are rusted and slipped.First he told me that 100% it wont ope and u have to change the full suspension (spring+strut kit+ pads). After insisting another Remedy cut open the strut bolt thus replace the strut thus will cost 4500+450(L) excluding the elastic pads cost (2900*2+850(L)) plus cutting charges.They don't have any provisioning to open the stuck bolts even after i gave them ways like lubrication, heating the bolt part for it to expand and open etc.
    My car has run 60000 Kms and strut are ok now and no noise/issues. During my 30000 Kms service I think they had replaced my strut for some underneath noise but in the bill its mentioned " REPLACE STRUT UNDER WARRANTY" without any part number or price. i dont have any idea whether they replaced my strut or not.
    kindly advise should I replace the pads outside (same problem may crop up outside also then again I have to get the car in TASS for strut replacement) or change struts also as my car has run 60000 kms although they still doing fine.