1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Re: T-Jet mileage.. not impressed

its fiat
    after run in period it vl go up sure
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

Just hold-on the verdict on mileage, till 2-3K km. Also measure it with tankful-to-tankful method.
  3. Re: T-Jet mileage.. not impressed

@surya i got 7.5 on my first few refills. It jumped up to 11 once i reached 6k and now am getting 12.5 after 7k. All figures as per MID
  4. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai

I believe it is due to the run-in. By the way pls be easy on your pedal until the first 2500kms. remember 100km/hr means you are nearing 2500RPM (to be precise you will be at 2400RPM). pls be easy for some time. Try to maintain her at or below 2k RPM. Also shift easily.. say 2nd once you move, 3rd at 30, 4th 40 and 5th 50-60. i am not trying to teach you.. so pls dont get me wrong..

Also can you pls post a pic of your MID showing 8.5km/lt. I have a doubt - not in your claim but the settings.. Also 320kms and the car nearing red line means.. 320kms/35lts (approx.. since even after the final line, there will be 5 lts of fuel left) = 9.2km/lt.. I think this is what you can expect during run-in... and that too from your JET ::T ..

FYI.. I got 8-9 from my Swift 1.3 petrol during run-in after which it came upto 12km/lt. In my Linea MJD (Sold), it was 11-12 during run-in after which it jumped to 14-16km/lt city.

Post run-in, I think you can expect 10-11 in City and 14-15 in Highways. This is just my opinion.
  5. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad

@atulalvenkar Thats reassuring Atul. I am eager to complete my running in.
    I am used to a Diesel mileage on my Indigo and I was a little surprised.

Neverthless ... sounds good to me.

@Ravi - Thanks Ravi.. I always check the Full tank to full tank level. I always ask for Autostop. So my measurement method was correct. I am wait and watch now. I might get the car checked by the dealership on Saturday just in case.

@Aniket - Thanks Aniket. I will check after the running in period.

Best regards,
    Surya
  6. Re: T-Jet mileage.. not impressed

@satya i think i got you when you said you want to check settings. Surya might have set it to default l/100km then km/l

@surya sent you PM and mail pls check
  7. pvsuryap

pvsuryap Amatore

Hyderabad

Satya, your calculations are absolutely correct.
    When I filled my tank it was to 38 liters... which is about 8.4 roughly. (this was prior to resetting my entire readings - to remove the H on MID)

I reset my trip counters after my second fill and tested the mileage. It shows about 8.5 now - same as before. I am given to understand that this is normal for a run in period. I will wait an observe at this point in time.

Here are some pictures.

[attachment=1:2ke3ll97]Tjet Mileage 2.jpg[/attachment:2ke3ll97]
    [attachment=0:2ke3ll97]TJet Mileage 1.jpg[/attachment:2ke3ll97]
  8. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Bangalore

Surya

I am getting around 10 to 11 Kms /Litre in Bangalore B2B Trafic. Today travelled to Mysore from Bangalore. Left my house at 5.50 AM and travelled a tolal of around 155 Kms. (High way drive was 115 Kms, 25 kms inside the city but less trafic and 15 Kms on single pot hole road) and the Average shown on MDI was 18.1 Km/Lt. Infact i got 19 Km/lt before entering the single road. Was driving at around 80 to 85 Kms and around 2000 to 2200 rpm on the Highway. Total Kms is 450 Kms as of now. Just sending this mail from my customer office. Will try to give more details latter.
  9. Re: T-Jet mileage.. not impressed

@ Rajen - very impressive figures for the TJet.
    @ Surya - i am sure your figures will be better post the run-in period. You may look at the Instant consumption for the right gear changes etc which would help you improve your mileage to some extent.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa

Surya, I haven't driven T-jet. I am using 1.4 Punto E . From my experience I have noticed that for getting better FE one has to use a very light foot.
    Since in T-jet you get a better torque at lower rpm, try to make use this maximum. Another test is take the vehicle on an open highway and test the FE while keeping the speed around 80 km(drive with IC display so that most of the time it is on the higher side). If you are getting 17+ then by changing the driving style you may be able to get >8.5 km/l. Initially I got 16km/l for my Punto and after lot of experiments with IC got a maximum of 21.3 for a short trip of
    around 19 km. This has achieved by avoiding unnecessary braking by adjusting the speed. T jet should definitely give more FE than regular version because of low end torque.