1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    old lost key can be deleted from the system and new key programmed
  2. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Does any body know how that works.. I'm curious to know..
  3. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Oh... That's bad... infact i had to take the delievery of the car with the FIAT logo slightly scratched on the foldable key.. :(
    Had no other options
  4. prem

prem

Chennai
    got the car after the body work. I have to say that the work done is perfect and I am happy with TAFE. What I am not happy about is the amount they charged. I feel cheated.
    I was told it will be around 7000. But on delivery I received a bill of 11,000 including taxes. They say the SA is inexperienced and gave me only an estimate. In the bill also they do no have any break-ups. Just- Repair work as 11000 rupees.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    7000 looks OK. 11000 is too high. As shown in the picture door and wgeel arch need to be painted. 3000-4000 is the average price for painting the door or any area of equivalent dimension.
  6. pka

pka

Kanpur
    Thanks for the replies. The dealer managed to locate the keys and we finally took delivery of the car. And the foldable key has no scratches on the FIAT logo:p During PDI I realized that the front tyres didn't have spikes on the inside as compared to the rear that had spikes all round. What could be the reason? All four are GoodYear 195/60 R15. The odometer read 72Km at the time of delivery. Also, what is the correct pressure to be maintained on the tyres and when is the best time to test the pressure? A sticker on the car says 32 on all four tyres. If I have driven the car for a while and then check the pressure, should the pressure be kept a little higher than 32? Kindly advise. TIA.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

Is it due to the heavy engine upfront?
  7. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What you see on the sticker on the driver side door plate is the cold tyre pressure.

For hot tyre pressure be kept at little higher. I think 35 would be sufficient.
  8. ranconteur

ranconteur Amatore

Delhi
    very very hard gearshift

Hi guys , since a week I am experiencing very hard gear shift whenever I slows down after driving at speeds of 80+ for some time . I mean to say in the morning gear shift is comparatively ok but after driving for some 40-50 kms , the gears become very hard . Yesterday night it was almost impossible to change gear . Moreover i was hearing a click sound whenever i was changing gear . what could be the probable cause..??
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Get it checked immediately. Have you changed transmission oil? How many kms has the car run till now?
    1 person likes this.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Generally, gearshifts improves as the tranny oil gets warmed up. Yours is contrary.

Get the clutch + gear cable checked. What's the ODO reading.
    1 person likes this.