1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    It's quite effective I heard. One of those days, am gonna try it though I knew it for last 8 years never got an opportunity to try. For now, I use either the plain water or water with a few drrops of Collin or mild hair shampoo in wiper fluid reservoir.
  2. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    After the 15k service my puntos leftward pulling has fixed.. but now problem is that when I take sharp turns quickly there is sound like slipping(is it bodyroll?). now I feel factory condition was better.. what to do to go back to factory settings?? This week we will have trip to Cochin. so planning to get into Concord motors for further check up. can any one help me to point out the real reason of that noise.?
  3. prem

prem

Chennai
    TAFE is asking me to go for door change..I don't think the door is damaged so bad that it cannot be tinkered. Do you guys think the door can be restored to its original shape?
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Don't go for door change. Retain the stock doors. Ask them to repair it. Price looks reasonable for me.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
  6. Once you change the door TASS will never put a the door sealant and you will know it only when you try to sell the car with in few minutes people find out you have replaced the door.
  7. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Does linea have double folding rear seats? When I checked mine i found that the lower part of the seat is bolted. In reality i can only tilt the rear seat. And when i checked the manual, they say about tilting only and not double folding.:-(
    Please share in your thoughts..
  8. Crazy_Eddy

Crazy_Eddy Novizio

Chennai
    What are these parts : Swinging Arm and Engine support - Anti-roll ball joint

Our Linea 1.4 EP recently went in for its 60K scheduled service.
    This is a scan of the bill :
    DzKPEs.gif

Red outlined part :
    I know Swinging arms are part of the suspension. But I'm not able to find much info about them on the internet.
    - What exact part of the suspension are they, and what do they do?
    - How does one know when they are bad?

Blue outlined part:
    Engine B mounts, I'm guessing are bush mounts. But..
    - Why are these anti-roll ball joints and lower arms part of the engine mount? These sound more like suspension components.

Thanks for any inputs :)
  9. pka

pka

Kanpur
    Car arrived without the remote keyless entry

Hi, we recently booked the punto 2012 1.3 MJT Emotion at Society Motors, Kanpur. But when we went to take delivery of the vehicle, only the manual key was present. We refused to take delivery without the 'remote keyless entry' that also carries the other key. The dealers have not been able to locate the other key. I want to know what options do we have, given the fact that we have already paid the full amount and the car has also been registered in my wife's name. Getting a duplicate key does not appear sensible since whoever has the other key can misuse it. Or not? Not sure if the 'Immobiliser with rolling code' feature can prevent misuse in this case. If that were the case, even the second key would become useless. Experts please comment. Now, the only option we seem to have is to ask the dealer to get the entire security module replaced and hence get a new set of keys for our car. How feasible is this and how long can this take? Kindly advise. Thanks in advance.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If dealers has lost the key, it will be ordered from Italy and will takes few weeks to arrive.
    I believe, once new key is issues, old key will be disabled.