1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The TASS buggers today put water firstly and then some silly blue colored windshield solution in the reservoir. smiley angry.gif

" Sir, when the car will run, it'll get mixed up".
  2. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    yep..it is.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    OK, I read the manual and checked the Wiper fluid tank and found that it is empty.
    however, if I pull the stalk the water still comes out to wash the windscreen (minus the fluid). So, where does the water need to be refilled?
  4. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sorry to disappoint you boss.. there is no reason for me to make up to grab any sort of attention! It was just an experience that i cared to share and which i found relevant in the context of the posts. ::T
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    And what? crash on trees or fall in drench or knock down people on footpath :)

cant stop laughing.
  6. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    the logic is you avert a head on collision with an incoming vehicle (probability of 2 vehicles involved in a crash) and in the opposite case probability of just a single vehicle involved in a crash.

there is another post online which i just found and i posting it here...

please care for a read before reacting

its the post no 12 which vaguely mentions the point i was trying to make...

Car pulling to left - uk-mkivs

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:47 PM ----------

sorry dont have much time right now, but will try and find some reference online to back up the point in due time :) chao!
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I am yet to understand the subject of the thread? Body roll is more like a metaphorical term that can be felt while driving a car. It could very well due to stupid reasons like wrong sitting position of driver. Technically, Body roll is car loosing it's inertia-properties w.r.t to it's steering feedback. A vehicle with a lot of body roll for one person can be most stable for the other. It's not a physical/scientific parameter with the units defined or may be the g factor or lateral acceleration on a skid pad to know a vehicle's cornering abilities). Vehicles with higher GC to have more body roll. It's directly related with cornering abilities of a vehicle. Are we concluding here that Punto cornering abilities are a serious problem:mrgreen:??

It's alignment/bumpy-ride issue that every one is mentioning. I am afraid if we are going in the wrong direction:confused:?
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys, cut Herbie some slack.

I do not know about TATA , but BMW maintain similar instructions to their dealers in US. I read about this in a thread on Bimmerpost. And yes the logic was the same - to slowly steer the car to one side.

Good or bad - no comments. But this specific instruction IS there.
    1 person likes this.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Gurjinder, I guess you should intervene here & change the subject of the thread. As you can see very 1st post of thread starter is about bumpy/harsh ride. Body roll is a virtue of vehicle cornering abilities & threshold speed for lateral acceleration, Subject is misleading IMO. It would send a wrong message for someone who has just managed to read the subject of thread.
    I would advise you to change it to "Bumpy/Harsh Ride on bad roads". Now this topic is open for a deeper discussion & understanding on new Punto/Linea's higher GC's & suspension alterations as i have sensed recently from owner's reviews.