1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. prem

well I was worried about the engine losing torque..anyone faced that?
    Also, for body work and painting, which service centre is best. Any ideas?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Prem, did you read my post fully?
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    'Ferrrr' sound is not of turbo. It is partial knocking. This sound is also treated as combustion noise. All diesel engine emits this specific noise. It is normal.

This noise varies as per fuel quality. More bad fuel more noise.

Most horrible combustion noise is seen in Ford TDCi & i-20 CRDi

BTW problem of bumpy ride may be due to stock Goodyear GT3.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  4. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Hi guys,
    Finally the issue was resolved. The "Juttery" steering wheel problem was fixed once I got the alignment and the balancing done outside the TASS. Somehow the TASS were not able to fix this issue.In fact I never though that this can be a wheel balancing problem and the TASS said everything is ok.
    I got it done in the Bridgestone shop in Sector 62 Noida. The alignment and the balancing job appears to have been done pretty decently.
    No longer do I face the loose-hard-loose hard juttery feeling in the steering wheel and the steering is perfectly centralised. The guys seem to have quiet modern equipments.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  5. prem

i thought you suggested TAFE due to the distance, but if your suggestion was based on the quality of work, I will surely take my car to them.
  6. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

This is normal behaviour:)
    Engine takes at least 4-5 kms of driving to reach its optimum operating temperature.
    If the needle used to climb to the middle at a cold start after a couple of hours,then probably something was wrong.
  7. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Took the car to TASS and identified the issue to be a broken part, due to which the Door Handle would only move without opening the door from the outside. Attached a very approx. sketch of the part.
  8. singh

singh Amatore

Every car will have body roll be it a Hyundai, Fiat or BMW at certain speeds , while in BMW body roll will be felt at high speed cornering , in hyundai even at 40kmph and fiat is good even at 90-100kmph .
    Sometimes i wonder how magazines comment on car's Handling , i mean what is the criteria they choose , is it body roll , steering response at speed , panic braking or what .
    Punto has no or very minimal body roll even at highway speeds, i drive 80% in hills and find it way better than any car .
    Check your suspension , Tyre pressure or alignment has very little to do with body roll , check camber angle .
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Singh, Even with body roll at high speeds, this is one car hell bent to never lose it's grip. Man, i have seen floor almost 1 inch above the ground at one side & 2 feet above on the other. Could you imagine how steep one has to turn & at what speeds to create this degree of imbalance in Punto's chassis? It's shock absorbers & dampers were heard squeaking from one side but it didn't give up on the grip@NA speed. Some one skidding his punto at a turn, no matter @what speed, losing steering & ramming it into a divider deserves a registration at Guinness book of world records & sure, my salute to his skills:dancing.

It's one hell of a ridiculous car with the ungodly grip & balance it possess:wow.
  10. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4
    buddy,when my wheel alignment/balancing stuff was done by TATA motors mumbai they told me that they have got specific instructions from FIAT to keep it in such a manner that the car should pull towards left and not straight. Reason they said was for safety,... incase the driver falls asleep during driving his car would pull towards left so that the head on collision with an incoming vehicle is avoided.