1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

I see some white smoke or maybe frosting coming out of the left centre AC vent of my Grande Punto Emotion. The car has done just 2800 Kms till date, this started happening some few days back. It happens when i keep the blower on 1 and the temperature on the minimum of the knob. when i turn the knob slighty above the minimum or increase the blower speed, this disappears. Can anyone tell me why is this happening? Is this a serious isssue? Can i continue driving with such an issue?
  2. samigo

samigo Timido

Bingo.. I'm facing exactly the same issue with punto MJD 7000 KMs driven. Guys do you think I should get wheel alignment done from outside before 2nd service. The car steers towards right in less than 4 secs of holding the steering straight. Also, recently, I have driven the car for almost 500 kms on very hard and rough village roads.

3. krishnasinh7229

krishnasinh7229 Timido

USB pen drive audio player restarts each time horn is operated. Plz help

Bought 90 hp punto 2011 just a month back. USB stopped detecting pen drives. Technician repaired the fault but, now audio player is restarting each time i have to operate horn.

Any idea?
  4. prem

Engine temperature too low

2 days ago I did a chennai-tirupati trip and faced the following situation.
    I parked the punto in a shaded area for about 12-13 hours. Came back to pick it up at 3 in the morning. There was no problem starting the engine but I got the "low fuel" warning even though there was about 5-6 litres fuel. I also noticed that the engine temperature was showing as minimum i.e. the needle was at "C".

Also, the car simply had no pull for a few minutes. I had to park and keep the engine running for a while until the engine temperature began rising. Since then this is happening all the time. I am back in chennai and did not get chance to test the pull of the car uphill but whenever I start the engine, the temperature is always pointing at "C".
    its only after letting the engine run for 3-4 minutes and then driving for a few minutes, does it start rising.

Please tell me if anyone has faced the issue.

Another issue: I recently had a minor accident and I have a deep scratch and dent on my rear right door. There is a very deep dent on the metal above the right rear tyre too.
    I want to claim insurance and get it repaired. is it repairable? VST is asking me to go to the poonamalle highway yard which is 40 kms from my place if I have to claim insurance.
    Chennai guys, suggest me an option. Which service centre is best for this kind of work and paint job?

5. prem

hey sandengg ,
    the problem is more or less solved. The road stretch I was talking is a really bad stretch and it feels the same in any car. I have 30 psi in all the tyres and I don't feel being thrown around on good enough roads. I tried another punto over the same stretch and felt the same yo-yo kind of movement. So I am convinced the its not just my car. Try another punto on same bad roads and see if you feel any difference.
  6. Hi Prem,

about the fuel warning which is correct. we have 7.5 liter of reservation before the low fuel light indicate glow (i do remember what i read in manual).
    and about the engine temp low, its like if you have left the engine for long time. Example: at night 10pm you parked the car and morning 8am you start the car. the engine temp will be at "C" position and it will rise slowly when the engine is run for 10 -20 mins. and should show exactly half in the engine temp meter.
  7. prem

Thanks Drive_shift,
    I wonder why I am facing this problem now. Its the first time I have face this "engine temp" issue. Until now whenever I started the engine (in chennai), the needle always immediately climbed up to the middle of the engine temp meter.
    Also, any idea why the torque was ineffective during the first few minutes.
  8. sungoa2010

Take the vehicle to TASS. A software updation may resolve the issue. I had the similar kind of issue. Engine warning light coming in between. After software updation it got resolved.Nothing to worry. There should not be any mechanical defect.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    I really don't think its an issue at all. This is always the case with my Linea too. Same thing with my Punto too. The engine would anyway take few minutes to warm up.

Regarding the body work, try with TAFE. They are located at the Greams Road. Any help, let me know.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

This is normal functioning of car nothing wrong in it.
    If your temp needle always showed you normal temp even at first start in morning your thermostat valve was sticky and non working earlier. You should not pull hard when engine temp is low.
    Even in June when I was in Chennai with my Linea the temp needle used to be at C mark in morning or after parking for 3-4 hrs.
    Low Fuel warning gets displayed when Range calculated by MID is less than 50 Km doesn't matter how much fuel you have in tank. Even if you have 2 Ltrs of fuel in tank and your car is giving you a mileage of above 25kmpl you would not get low fuel warning on MID only reserve light will lit in this case.
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
    1 person likes this.