1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    This means that there is some error. Try disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery and see if this solves your problem. If not, take your car to the nearest TASS. They should be able to find the fault.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Congrats for being an Alert Citizen of India. Mail me on pulsarbhai@rediff.com

I will disclosed all the black acts of bunk owners & about adulteration trade secret.

Very few people are interested in this subject. Rest all are happy to fill bad quality fuel in their dream-machine brought from their hard earned money.

& they are claiming that performance of their MJD is top class.
    By acting like this they are deceiving themselves.

MODS NOTE - Avoid using expletives. This will not be tolerated in the future.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2012
  4. Navdeep

New Delhi
    Tried to use media player and Could not access it through steering mounting controls. Unplugged the pen-drive. Restarted the car. Plugged the pen-drive.
    Steering controls worked fine. Even mileage flashing thing got sorted. Looks like some s/w issue.

<mods> Mods: Please close this thread. Gurjinder pointed me to the existing thread. Thanks Gurjinder.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Grande Punto 1.4
    ...the damn problem of squealing from the left side front wheel area still remains :A:A
    dunno what to do :sadblue
  6. sandengg

Dear Prem,
    I am also experiencing same problem as yours in my new Punto Active MJD bought few days back.
    Tyre Pressure checked,even new tyres fitted (removed Stock JK tyres and fitted Michelin 185 70 R14)
    Still problem remains.
    On bad roads at low speeds,the driver is thrown around even at the lowest speeds.
    Pls share if your problem solved
  7. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Driver Side Door Not Opening

Yesterday, I faced with a strange behaviour on my 2012 MJD Dynamic.
    The central locking locks all the doors but I am unable to open Driver side door after unlocking.
    I have tried to open it after using the key to unlock, still the Driver side door wont open.
    The other three doors are opening normally. For now, am getting into the driver sear through either of the 3 doors.

After trying for some time, while driving to the service centre, on taking a Left turn the door suddenly flung open in the middle of the road. Managed to close the door and complete the turn...

I wish to know if any of you have faced a similar issue, planning to take it to Service Centre tomorrow...
    WIll keep you posted...

8. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

What's the big deal dear bro. If driver side door is not opening, get inside from passenger side door & enjoy your FIAT's fabulous ride. Never mind, a bad joke:razz:.

The problem is not usual. I am afraid there is one mechanical fault & not electronic one because the door has flung open. Take it to TASS, they would repair it under warranty. Treat it urgent & be cautious at sharp turns. If you believe, there could be something wrong with Center lock, disconnect -ve terminal for 10-15 mins & reconnect. I don't think it will resolve the issue though as it's most probably a mechanical fault with the door lock.

Pls also mind it that due to a very heavy door, people feel like they have closed it but it's not & requires some min. force & hear a nice thud when it is accomplished. There could be a chance that you never closed it, it remained open & it flung outside@sharp turn. Generally people new to FIAT have this misconception that they have closed the door. In Chinese cars:dancing, you release the door from an opened position & it will close on itself with slight click, not the case with FIAT's though. It's three stage door, will never close on itself & You need to push it to close it.
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    2 days back I also faced this type of problem.

I get off from car by opening driver side door.
    All doors unlocked except rear right door. I was not able to open rear right door from outside. But I could open from inner side.

This happenned in first time in 9700 km. If it repeat I will make issue at Tata ASS.
  10. Looks like there some fault with your lock. Gosh!!! Door opening in a middle of a turn is dangerous. Do post your experience post visit to the service station. When will Fiat improve groan!!!!!