1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Bhai, during your Linea R&D , did you come across any feature which lets the ECU know what Octane the fuel is? ( In Petrol Lineas)

I remember an episode of Fifth Gear UK, where they dyno tested different Octane numbers. They completely drained the fuel tank and reset the ECU when going from one Octane number to another. The car knew what Octane number it was running and altered it's performance on its own. Higher performance settings for higher octane, lesser for lower octane.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ^^ on the Fiat factory software and ecu scanner that i have, there is no option to read the Cetane number or quality of fuel. Also i observed that bad fuel is not changing the boost or injection cycle or anything on mjd that will help us differentiate between the quality of fuel.

Actually i am facing a big problem. However before landing to conclusion and posting on forum i would first verify the problem. Tomorrow factory people are coming to inspect my car.

Hint : Related to turbo vacuum actuator :) - by now you must have got to the problem completely :)
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I guess i do.

Sad to hear you have an issue, Keep us posted.

Good luck.
  4. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    was the matter sorted for you coz in my case i guess i have managed to crack the code :)

just back from service center... had almost given up on burning smell from the ac vents to be rectified :confused , had actually been there coz of the squealing sound coming from my steering/suspension when the steering is turned more than 85-90% in either direction. I had been to the service center earlier aswell after my accident episode with the same complaint, back then they put it up on a ramp and tightened couple of screws and tied some 2 pipes together with a plastic tie. I took a trial and the sound didnt appear :) was happy but told them i would be back if it re appeared any time(coz it might be an accident related injury to my vehicle which might not have been attended to! and i dont intend to spend from my pocket for any additional expense for suspension/steering etc, those are any which ways costly affairs :shocked )
    The problem was back in couple of days...but had to go for an outstaion wrk so didnt have the time to go to service center...today finally took and a senior engineer took a test drive ...since there is no scope for full turns in the near vicinity coz of heavy traffic plus its noise i again took him to a mall near by wherein we have to take almost circular full turns to go up the ramp upto multi lvl :steering ...level 1 crossed ...no sign of sound...level 2 crossed again negative...level three :A no sound...now the final level....and BINGO ::OO tats what i am saying the faint squealing sound as if some old truck has stopped next to us...or some metal gate is closed/dry metal hinges sqealing sort of a sound! Phew!!
    th Engineer immediately said to the assistant sitting in the rear seat tat some pressure lvl drop during demand in the power steering system is causing it!!!! and maybe some pipes are touching each other etc .....need to chk. etc also i this time the burning smell for once cropped up when we all were together !!!! he said tat he shall get it inspected aswell! :)

after getting back the senior engr. left and the assistant started racing the engine and this is what happened.....

VELOCAM182.jpg

i thought the coolant was dripping but no it was the power steering oil (the assitant told)

the culprit surrendered!! :hit
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  5. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    part - 2

car back again to the ramp :( sad to see it up there so frequently

VELOCAM184.jpg

tats the hose which was replaced...

VELOCAM192.jpg VELOCAM190.jpg

the new one fitted..

1.jpg VELOCAM206.jpg VELOCAM207.jpg

the final ingredient ---the power steering fluid---

VeloCam213.jpg
  6. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    modes delete this one coz it was a duplicate entry as a result of refresh. (had to enter a min 10 word sentence though)
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  7. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    On a lighter note, how about Harpic????
    2 people like this.
  8. Herbie

Herbie Regolare

Bombay
    Grande Punto 1.4
    excuse me for going off track :eek:fftopic

this is what i noticed while i had gone today to the service center for the above matter...

done by the Towing walla yesterday..:-o

VELOCAM173.jpg VELOCAM179.jpg

the damages after bargaining ..... 2000/ plus taxes :firey
  9. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I saw the same power steering issue in one of the Palio's as well..whic I intended to buy just before zooming in on Punto
  10. Navdeep

Navdeep

New Delhi
    Mileage display flashing in Punto MJD

Today I noticed that the mileage display was flashing? once parked up, I tried restarting car and mileage had stopped flashing. However started car again to commence journey and flashing started again.

Any known issues? If there is some existing thread, please point me to it.