1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Minor Issues - Others

Discussion in 'Technical' started by gururajanv, Jun 2, 2010.

1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

WoW, What an Idea:(!!! You truly solved an uphill assignment here:?.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm sure you'll be using some sort of hair shampoo. Just mix it up in a bottle thoroughly, pour it into the reservoir and forget any windscreen fluid or anything.

Doing this for the past 7.5 years on our Palio and not a problem ever.

Cheers.
  3. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    i have been using Sonax windscreen cleaner. 25 ml for 2.5lts of water.... which is one tank full
    Works fine... No issues...
  4. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Initially I tried shampoo & then Colin. Finally, I have found that a few drops of "Pril" dish cleaning solution works best.

Regards
    Johnny
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Any DIY to find out the quality of fuel going in to my car?

Hi All,

while reading up on a post in this forum , I couldn't help but think of ways to actually figure out if people are cheated by putting in adulterated fuels.
    Its well known truth that all engines in India are actually tuned for low grade fuel, as shameful as it is we cant do anything about it.
    However at least for satisfaction per se is there any way I can find out the quality of the fuel?
    Any tests?

For one i make sure to fill my tank up either early mornings or late nights as the viscosity of tends to be low and i get more VFM but that's not assessing the quality of fuel by any way.
    Would be nice to know if there are any methods that one can adopt to check
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Aha! We have a fuel adulteration expert here on TFI.

I'm sure he'll be here pretty soon to let you know all the details.

x-x-x

On a more serious note,

How about doing all those "tests" the pump guys advocate? Density, filter paper etc. Has anyone tried them? Or are those tests also adulterated? :p

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  7. colin, hair shampoo, windshield cleaners, dish cleaning solutions - great ideas.. whats next??
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    honestly i dont believe a word that bunk folks say about their fuel.
    I mean at least the BP i visit has a density gauge atop all pumps, but who knows if its even working or for that matter even calibrated?
    The only solution is to believe that the bunk I visit is "the best out there" and they serve good fuel (for my own benefit)
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Even i have started my search for finding a portable fuel tester. The density meters sometimes dont work or show wrong readings. its not possible everytime to do the advocated tests.

say one time you do the test the next tanker is offloaded and my be that is adulterated. very difficult to guess the adulteration pattern.

the modern cars should have a fuel quality tested built in :)
  10. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    what about the fuel quality in company owned and company operated pumps maintained by Bharat petroleum?